1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 3 Cops killed, 3 injured in Baton, Rouge -Sunday 7/17/16

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Police already shoot twice as many whites as blacks, even though blacks commit more violent crime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is merit in what you say; but the problem here is NOT with open carry. Consider: how many others are openly carrying that have NOT had police called? In this case, whoever made the original call believed there was something different about this one. And when the cops arrived, they were fired upon.

Open carry has no bearing on this situation. The actions of the suspect--whether legally open-carrying or not--when he (they?) chose to fire upon policemen and endanger the lives of others is the foundation of this situation.

If you can somehow prove that a prohibition on open-carry would have prevented this situation, then you have a possible logical argument. All you've done at this point is deflect from the actual problem.

You mean a semi-automatic (one round with each pull of the trigger) doctored up to look like something out of "Rambo"? Don't know about anyone else, but I like using Picatinny rails so I can have a scope and a flashlight, rather than having to try to handle a flashlight in one hand and the rifle in the other. Works well with shotguns, too. See, I have an aversion to possums, skunks, and other varmints attacking my chickens. Makes it easier to protect the livestock, and quite a bit safer, if I'm not juggling....
    Perhaps because, like me, they can't hit the broad side of a barn with a handgun, but can knock the eye out of a swallow at 50+ yards with a rifle?

I believe that's what I said: he did the responsible thing. He didn't try to Rambo in and join the police in the firefight--none of the open carry people there that night did--nor did he try to pull a "Lethal Weapon" and "save the day." He acted responsibly, and guess what? Despite his skin color and the fact that he was openly carrying a weapon, no policemen shot him.

Again with the histrionics and emotional responses. We both know it wouldn't be "guns blazing," *especially* if there were still people inside.

You've been watching too many movies.

3. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They have named the dead suspect.

Former Nation of Islam member. And racist judging by his youtube channel. But they are saying that this wasn't racially motivated, maybe since one of the slain officers was black.

There is NO justification for murdering police officers. The inept leadership in this country had better get a handle on this and I mean right now.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope again. Because if police officers suddenly start shooting and killing white people the way that they have killed Blacks, Congress would be holding hearings and demanding across the board changes in policing.:Wink

It's like the war on drugs. When it was crack and a lot of poor Blacks and other minorities, the mentality was lock them up and stop the drug abuse. Now because it's white people using and getting addicted, it's no longer an addiction but a disease.:Sneaky

So yes, if you magically get police officers to start murdering the children of white America, watch how quickly policing standards would change because White Lives Matter.:Whistling

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, it's still an addiction.

Would you support White Lives Matter as you now support those calling for police to be fried like bacon?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's to you, and it's fine to say now that the shoe is on the white foot and not the black or brown foot. Crack wasn't being policed like it was an addiction. Now all of a sudden because it's white folks getting addicted, it's a health epidemic.:Rolleyes
    It's just a stupid question. It's like the bigot who asks why don't we have a Miss White America pageant? Stop throwing fish my way. Everything in this country is already geared towards everyone supporting White Lives Matter. If it wasn't, there'd be more indictments for these police officers murdering unarmed black people.

It's like Judge Janine Pirro saying "killing cops is becoming normalized... and legitimized.":Rolleyes She gets THAT. But she can't get her mind around black parents feeling like killing their children and husbands and sons and daughters has become normalized and the police don't care. The prosecutors who are supposed to indict so that due process begins don't care. The judges don't care.

And like on this board and in a lot of churches, the perception is that a lot of white folks who call themselves Christians don't care.

SO save the foolish questions. Evrything in this country since its founding has been geared towards White Lives Mattering. THe question continues to be why a lot of you don't feel the same about Black lives?:Whistling

7. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Saying a Nation is Islam member is racist judging by his youtube channel is like saying a KKK member is racist judging by his youtube channel. Nation of Islam is an Islamic cult (not authentic Islam) founded by a man who taught that whites are a race of devils and an artificial creation.

Our country is extremely hypocritical about who is accused of racially motivated violence. Black privilege is HUGE

8. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Brother in Christ Jesus-Yeshua!! Please Pray for all our Men and Women Police Officers!!

ALL LIVES MATTER too Jesus-Yeshua Christ!!

Love Always and Shalom Everyone, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

...except the lives of those thrown into the Lake of Fire, i.e. the unrepentant -- and, on the face of it, that includes all the followers of BLM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless you too woman of God! All believers should have prayerful concern as to the direction of this once great nation. It is NOT all Obama's fault. When Reagan granted amnrsty to millions of illegals, we started down a one way path to anarchy. Then we had Nixon. He wasn't the first politician to become embroiled in dirty politics. He just happened to be the first to get caught. And instead of the politicians learning from him, and cleaning up their walk, they learned to better improve how to cheat, steal and lie without being caught. Clinton learned well, and America is shameful for allowing her and those in places to administer punishment to wiggle off the hook.

We have serious problems in this nation. And only prayer and revival can turn things around. And right now, I don't see people wanting to repent. Even the church, in general, is aiding and abetting the sins of the leaders. Instead of voting them out ... they vote them back in. Sad days ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Lives Matter to our LORD / KING / SAVIOUR / MESSIAH Jesus-Yeshua Christ as HE Died for All of our sins, and HE AROSE of the THIRD Day!!

( John 10:30 KJV ) “I and My Father are ONE.”!!

( 1 John 5:7 KJV ) “For there are Three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are One.”!!

( John 14:6 KJV ) “Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man ( or anyone ) cometh unto the Father, but by ME.”!!

United We STAND with Israel-Yisrael and our Christian Nation United States of America, Divided We FALL!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ) Everyone, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann
    MsGuidedAngel

• Agree Agree x 1