1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 days and 3 nights?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by christisking, Mar 23, 2016.

1. christisking

christisking New Member

I'm confused. If Jesus said the only sign he will give is three days and three nights, where do we get the idea that he died on a friday and rose on a sunday? "Good Friday" "Easter Sunday"
    Thank you.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do a search of the forum. This topic has been beaten to death here.

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Short answer - Rome

• Like Like x 1
  4. christisking

christisking New Member

5. beameup

beameup Member

It comes from the "early church" when Catholicism was being developed. Early on, the "early church" tried to completely distance themselves from Judaism, and actually became anti-Semitic. Thus, all the treasures of Judaism were "lost" (like the lunar calendar and the deep meanings of the 7 Feasts).

Wednesday was Passover, next day was Unleavened Bread, then Saturday was Sabbath and Firstfruits. Remember, "evening and morning" was the reckoning of "days".

#5 beameup, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. christisking

christisking New Member

Thank you! I just wondered if I was really missing something. I had to learn a little about feasts and sabbath - which I honestly don't understand why we do not keep those - because they are mentioned several times during the events surrounding Christ's death, and it seems to me that there was a high sabbath they prepared for and the regular sabbath they prepared for. That would make it 3 days and 3 nights just like Christ said.

7. christisking

christisking New Member

I got cut off in my reply.
    I have not had time to search the forums yet - I am on my phone and these forums are so filled with advertisements that it makes it hard to navigate on my phone. I'll have to wait until I can get to a computer.
    Thanks again!

8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

We don't celebrate the feast because of the Seven Christ & the Holy Spirit fulfilled 4. Christ came as the Passover lamb, there is now no need to offer up a lamb for slaughter.

9. beameup

beameup Member

The 3 "Spring Feasts" were fulfilled at Jesus' first coming + Pentecost was fulfilled with the giving of the Holy Spirit. The 3 "Fall Feasts" are yet future, refer to Christ's Second Coming and are PROPHETIC. A careful study will reveal some astonishing things about the FUTURE.