1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 Million Illegal Aliens to Flood the U.S. This Year

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Sep 13, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The U.S.’s borders, rather than become more secure since 9/11, have grown even more porous and the trend has accelerated in the past year. Based on a TIME investigation, it’s fair to estimate that the number of illegal aliens flooding into the U.S. this year will total 3 million, enough to fill 22,000 Boeing 737-700 airliners, or 60 flights every day. It will be the largest wave since 2001 and roughly triple the number of immigrants who will come to America by legal means, TIME reports in its cover story , "Who Left the Door Open?" (on newsstands Monday, Sept. 13th)

In a single day, more than 4,000 illegal aliens will walk across the busiest unlawful gateway into the U.S., the border between Arizona and Mexico. And many will obtain phony identification papers, including bogus Social Security numbers, to conceal their true identities and mask their unlawful presence. TIME’s Pulitzer Prize winning investigative team, Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele, takes a look at the damage, the dangers, and the reasons America fails to protect itself as millions of illegal aliens pour across the U.S.-Mexican border this year, many from countries hostile to America

SOURCE

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the federal government is doing hardly anything to stop this. :(

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Unbelievable, isn't it?

4. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, as a resident of Arizona, I can say that the statistics are probably true...and the federal government is doing hardly anything to stop this. But, I also think that there are reasons why they would want to come here?

Have any of you seen Mexico, especially the small border towns between AZ and Mexico? Because I have. Those people have nothing. I have never seen anything so sad in my entire life as towns with horrible, old, falling down buildings, streets, and sidewalks.

The people are so poor that they are willing to risk their safety to cross into Arizona, where they get far below minimum wage jobs doing grunt work that no Arizona resident is willing to do. They do all of this, and live on almost nothing in AZ, just to try to provide for their families.

And they think America is so great for them!

What does the statue of liberty say????
    "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

But the Statue of Liberty is not the law of the land, the Constitution is.

The government refuses to do its duty to control our borders. It's politics and money, illegal, and continues despite the protest of citizens.

6. JesusInFirstPlace

If the government did "its duty to control our borders" then so many of the people living in Arizona would have to leave. The Mexicans who come to Arizona only try to earn a living because of how bad their lives are. I have compassion for them! Plus, there is that old argument that none of us would be here if there was adequate 'border patrol'.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our borders should be protected - period. To do otherwise is for the government to fail in its first and primary duty - protecting our citizens from outside forces, whether they are a military force or an economic force stealing jobs from U.S. citizens.

Unless you want to see the U.S. become a third world economy, you open borders folks are going to one day deeply regret your misguided policy unless those of us who advocate obeying the laws of this land prevail against you.

8. JesusInFirstPlace

I agree that some measure of border patrol is necessary for the protection of U.S. citizens. However, that doesn't mean we need to keep everyone out! It would be so sad if the people that are only seeking opportunities at a better life were excluded from America because we don't want to help them- we are only looking out for our own interests, not those of mankind as a whole. Those people that have the ability to come to the U.S. to work and provide at least a liveable existence for their families should be allowed.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Actually, the Federal Government is relying on the States to control their borders with neighboring countries. Of course, the Feds don't want to recompense the states (like my own California) for the cost.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I would. I came to the country legally, waiting my turn so I could enter. Years later, I went all out and became a US citizen.

However, it's quite unfortunate when I see folks who assume that anyone with brown skin, or slanted eyes, or a turban is an illegal. Sad.

Here, I agree with you. Secure our borders, definitely. But stopping all immigration is not the answer. The issue is not with immigration. It's with illegal immigration. There are too many people who don't know the difference.

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Me, too. I was born here, and my ancestors came legally.

12. JesusInFirstPlace

Came legally for whom? Unless your ancestors are Native American then they were intruding on land that was not theirs-which is technically illegal.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Now, JIFP, if you wanted to go to that extreme, then no one in any part of the world, save Mesopotamia, is there legally, since most orders were deliniated via might, rather than right. I'm not saying that the history of the US in regard to native Americans is acceptible, but it's most certainly an apples/oranges comparison. The residents of Mexico, then, are there as illegally as native Californians and Tejanos. Add to that the fact that the first major land purchase was the purchase of Manhattan, which was a legitimate purchase, and not an illegal one. As I said, however, I'm nto excusing US treatment of Native Americans elsewhere.

14. JesusInFirstPlace

Okay, okay, I get it. Yikes! Well, all I'm saying is that we should give them a fair chance to live here, or at least work here.

15. Pennsylvania Jim

What's the big deal about Indians? They moved in on those who were there before them.

We live in the USA, and we have immigration laws. I think that they should be followed, and that immigration should be properly managed.

If your only principle is "helping people", let's just take our entire nation's wealth and distribute it among the billions of people in the world. Have you given up all of yours?

16. JesusInFirstPlace

Umm...actually I am only 17, so I have no wealth! And helping other people out is not such a bad thing that you're making it out to be. So I'm idealistic? It suits me, and I like to think that I could make a difference in the world.

17. Pennsylvania Jim

Yes, you can certainly make a difference in the world. I encourage you to make sure that your work is based on Biblical principles. Go for it, friend!

18. JesusInFirstPlace

Thanks! I figure that I should at least stick up for the underprivaleged right here in my city!

19. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

The problem is, while all the illegals are coming in, some of them are (or could be) Al Qaida operatives. If people want to come to this country they should do it through I.N.S. and not come over the border in the middle of the night.

Tam

20. JesusInFirstPlace

The problem with immigrating, as far as people possibly being al quaida operatives, is that how will we tell if they are? Do we put that as a question on their forms? "Are you a terrorist?" We would be discriminating all of the middle eastern immigrants if we judged by where they came from.