1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 Million Illegal Aliens to Flood the U.S. This Year

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Good luck. [​IMG] The INS no longer exists. Immigration is managed by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Huh? In most cases, there were no human inhabitants of the North America continent prior to the arrival of the people we call the Native Americans (Indians).
    Certainly. But let them go through legal channels. Getting temporary work permits is not that difficult. There are several border towns where the workers live in Mexico (or Canada), and legally cross the border at a checkpoint to work in the US, and at the end of the day, they return to Mexico (or Canada). They've obtained the proper paperwork and permits for doing so, so it's not a problem. Why let an illegal who hasn't obtained the proper paperwork to come in and work the same as someone who's earned the right to do so? Are they more important than their coworkers who went through proper channels?

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Yep. I would hope that a middle-easterner crossing the border from Mexico would be asked a whole lot of questions.

I would also hope that our government would enforce immigration laws. But illegal immigrants make cheap labor for the politically connected.

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Johnv:

Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    O.K. But I'm pretty sure that people are not just let in because they filled out a form. Background checks are most likely done on ALL of them before they are permitted to come in!!

Tam

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Certainly. But let them go through legal channels. Getting temporary work permits is not that difficult. There are several border towns where the workers live in Mexico (or Canada), and legally cross the border at a checkpoint to work in the US, and at the end of the day, they return to Mexico (or Canada). They've obtained the proper paperwork and permits for doing so, so it's not a problem. Why let an illegal who hasn't obtained the proper paperwork to come in and work the same as someone who's earned the right to do so? Are they more important than their coworkers who went through proper channels? </font>[/QUOTE]"Hear, Hear!"

I have no problem with immigration, but I agree with Johnv, there is already a system in place to give people from other countries a "fair chance to live here". If people will come here legally that is great, but if people come here illegally they should be deported, not rewarded!

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the situation we are in, Middle Eastern immigrants must be more closely scrutinized.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Amen! [​IMG]

8. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Love that Mexican Food. Maybe I can get an illegal Mexican to move in with us and be our cook. :D

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Ha! I love it, too, and for the longest time good Mexican food wasn't available around here. But last year a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico opened up a "hole-in-the-wall" restaraunt, and the food is outstanding!

10. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

We've got two real good Mexican Food places here in Jefferson City, MO. and a lot of other "wanna be's".

What impresses me beyond the good food is the fast service and the obvious willingness to work on the part of all the workers.

Give me good food and good service and I'll be back even if you're an illegal alien.

11. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Oh, come on PA Jim, you know that I wasn't talking about middle eastern immigrants coming from the AZ/Mex. border....you gotta give me some credit, even though I am a teen!

12. Pennsylvania Jim

You misunderstand. You seemed to be saying that it's OK not to enforce proper border controls. If you do that, it leaves the border open to middle eastern terrorists.

You have to think through all the implications of an idea before you promote it. Terrorists coming across the border is an implication of lax border control.

It's good to be concerned about hungry people, but that seems to be the only aspect of this that you have considered. Consider also the rule of law, the rights of citizens, public safety, and the possibility of terrorist activity.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why shouln't we ask if they are terrorists? Everytime I go to the gun store and buy a rifle I have to fill out a form stating I have no intention of overthrowing the government and go through a background check by the BATF, and my family has been in America since the early 1700's.

The best way in which to tell if someone is a terrorist or not is to do a background check on them to see how many ties they have to homeland security, FBI, and CIA personel. Most times it has been found that these people have been protected by the very same people charged with protecting you and I.

Mary Schneider
    Law Offices of Stanley Hilton

Don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself. You have the best research tool right at your fingertips.

Also see the lawsuit by Elen Mariani, The lawsuits against Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, and many others, They are all being sued for their part in this coruption and illegal activites. But you don't hear about all that on the tube do you?

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Thumbprint technology.

Have everyone who crosses a US border, gets on a plane, or applies for work, have their thumbprint scanned. That thumbprint then immediately ties into a DOJ and FBI database, as well as pulling up passpost/visa data.

Of course that would cost millions. But it's still less than the annual cost that taxpayers are paying due to the lack of border enforcement.

Too bad I'm not a naturalized citizen. I'd run for president on the sole promise to impliment such a plan.

15. JesusInFirstPlace

The technology exists today where you can change parts of your fingerprints. Not to mention the fact that the only people with fingerprints on file have committed crimes in the past. If you were all for having everyones fingerprints on file, then yeah, that would cost a large fortune, and I think it is a measure of invasion of privacy-having to scan your life history to get into an airport? Give me a break- that would take forever too!

16. Pennsylvania Jim

What's the need to bicker over details? Can't we agree that:

1) We cannot leave our borders uncontrolled.

2) We have immigration laws, and they should be enforced.

and

3) Regardless of the details, some form of screening and checks must take place for each individual immigrating.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's true regardless of whatever screening method one uses.

Again, not a problem. We want to screen people with a criminal history, not people who "look like they might" commit a crime. It would be wrong to hold a person responsible for something he/she has not done yet.

Not really. It's a method of identification that's extremely effective.
    Putting one's thumb on a scanner would take less time than current ID screening methods. Hence, it would speed up, not slow down, movement at security areas.
    Most certainly, I agree.

18. JesusInFirstPlace

It would take a long time to scan a person's fingerprint as well as look up all of the information on what groups that person has been affiliated with in the past. I've crossed the AZ/Mex border many many times, and there's always long lines, and it takes a long time as it is without having to implement your ideas. I don't think that I should have to go through immigration checks every time I cross the border. My grandmother's church is right on the border and when I'm there, we cross the border 6 times a week, at least!

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In this day and age, I don't know why it would be so. It takes all of 30 seconds to get DOJ information from a computer with appropriate permissions. I can get my credit report online in about 15 seconds. The idea of a thumbprint scanner at a checkpoint coming back with either a positive or negative on a person is not a difficult or outrageous idea. Expensive to impliment, yes. But once it's in, it's cheap to run.
    Why not? Why should they let you through, but make everyone else undergo an immigration check?

20. JesusInFirstPlace

I'm not saying that I think an exception should be made for me! I'm saying that I think it is not a great idea to make everyone go through background checks to cross the border.