3 Promises?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by twpaige, Feb 5, 2011.

1. twpaige

twpaige
    Expand Collapse

I'm a little confused and would like some help understanding what these three promises are and how we determine that there are three promises listed in the passage.

When I read the passage, I only see two promises. 1. God hears our prayers. 2. If our prayer is according to God's will it will be given us.

I'm unable to understand the promises that are referenced by Stanley. It appears that he's saying that we already have that which we are praying for and that we know that we have it. If we already have it and know that we have it, why would we pray for it?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast
    Expand Collapse

Charles Stanley for years preached a message that was consistent with the word of God. However in the last 15 or 20 years he as taken another route. Perhaps part of it is due to his divorce several years ago or just his age or even both. He now seems to be using phycology with messages that are more in the line of Norman Vincent Peale teachings.
    While I praise God for what this man used to teach I no longer would point anyone to his teachings. So in regards to your question I would just throw away that book and find another bible teacher.