1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3rd Commandment

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Justified, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Justified

Justified New Member

How far does this Commandment go, in todays world?

With the church?

With friends?

With family?

With God?

:cool:

2. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as it did when it was first issued.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Well, I think...uh...it seems to me that...uh...well...I guess you're right.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I felt the same way about the 5th and 8th commandments you ask about and will have the same answer for all the rest of them.

Is there a particular reason you are asking the same questions about each of the commandments? Just curious...

5. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I think that most people who use the Lords name in vain aren't even aware that it's wrong.

I can't speak for any church but my own...and let me just put it this way...even saying the name of the Lord is done with reverence and subjection in church.

I don't have any of those...except for here...you tell me.

My immediate family, the ones under my roof, know it's not allowed and they don't do it or they get their mouths washed out with soap. The family outside our home use the Lords name in vain and there isn't much I can do about it. They know that we don't like it...and they say it anyway. There a hard core bunch...they think we're weird.

Well...the only way to know what God thinks about anything is to read the Bible...and since God is the author of this commandment...I would think that He thought it was important.

How are you feeling Justified? Haven't seen you post a whole lot in the last year.

6. Justified

Justified New Member

Well, thanks. Been here, been there, but not everywhere!

Still my old ultra-right conservative self!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Better to be on the RIGHT side of the Lord, instead of the LEFT!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:cool: