1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

41 Quotes From Medical Textbooks Prove Human Life Begins at Conception

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a list of 41 quotes from medical experts and medical textbooks that prove human life begins at conception/fertilization.

“The life cycle of mammals begins when a sperm enters an egg.”
    Okada et al., A role for the elongator complex in zygotic paternal genome demethylation, NATURE 463:554 (Jan. 28, 2010)

“Fertilization is the process by which male and female haploid gametes (sperm and egg) unite to produce a genetically distinct individual.”
    Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)

“The oviduct or Fallopian tube is the anatomical region where every new life begins in mammalian species. After a long journey, the spermatozoa meet the oocyte in the specific site of the oviduct named ampulla, and fertilization takes place.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/08/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2. beameup

beameup Member

Some would differentiate between biological life and spiritual life, and would argue that they do not "start" at the same time.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for those quotes, Rev.
    They just compound the guilt of our nations.
    I cannot prove it, but it is my belief that every aborted child will rise up at the Day of Judgement to condemn our wicked generation (cf. Luke 11:31-32).

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Psalm 139 with all thine eyes did see my substance being yet unformed.
    and in Jeremiah 1:5 before I formed you in the womb I knew you and I ordained you be a prophet to the nation...

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to respond for CBT,

. . . but what quality of life? Hmm? It's best to let them be killed than to grow up in poverty, or not getting any Christmas presents!