1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4th of July is coming

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 1, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you going out witnessing? Are you passing out gospel tracts? I purchased 100 or so Way of the Master 4th of July gospel tracts. Listen to this open air sermon I preached in 2011.

http://youtu.be/9uCnI-PlqQg

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

As a retired military veteran, I'm hoping that some of you will take some time to remember the ones who gave and preserved the US the freedoms we enjoy--especially the ones that didn't come back to enjoy them for themselves.

I grew up near Washington's Crossing and Valley Forge and have many times wondered if we'd be willing today to suffer what those people during our War for Independence went through. Something to think about.

Were it not for them, we probably wouldn't have a BB on which to post.

(BTW, one of the major roads in Valley Forge is Baptist Road. Hmmm.:thumbs:)

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My hat is off to everyone who served. There seems to be a hugh misunderstanding on this board in general between the role of the military and the loser politicians we have elected in the past. In relation to conflicts we have been involved in since WW2, I think the worst leader we ever had was Lyndon Baines Johnson.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

You're right on!! I still remember the quip that made its rounds during the middle 1960's:

"You know, they were right. They told me that if I voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964 that in no time we'd be in a war in Vietnam. Well, I voted for Goldwater in 1964, and, sure enough, we were in a war in Vietnam!!!"

A fitting place for an LBJ memorial would be right next to the Vietnam War Memorial. Then the survivors of that war could get a glimpse of the one those nearly 60,000 people's names on that wall have to thank for never coming back to their families.

(BTW, the then-Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara's prior claim to fame was when he touted the Edsel as the greatest thing since sliced bread.)