1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 5 people shot near Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis, cops searching for 3 white male suspec

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

"So now is the time for healing. Now is the time for peace and calm on the streets of Ferguson."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/14/statement-president

"I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/14/statement-president

"He will also be meeting with other leaders in the community whose support is so critical to bringing about peace and calm in Ferguson."

"While I understand the passions and the anger that arise over the death of Michael Brown, giving into that anger by looting or carrying guns, and even attacking the police only serves to raise tensions and stir chaos. It undermines rather than advancing justice."

"let me call once again for us to seek some understanding rather than simply holler at each other. Let’s seek to heal rather than to wound each other."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/18/statement-president

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Insincere. And everyone knew it.

He had already made public statements excusing and justifying their behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. matt wade

Links?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allen Lawrence “Lance” Scarsella III

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One of the dumbest things you've ever said but we are getting used to it. If you think he's done nothing to call for calm, it's because you're too busy trying to blame him and incite your own brand of division rather than listening.

You're just repeating the same old Fox NEWS talking points that have flowed from O'Reilly and Hannity and all the other politically conservative talk radio heads because guess what? You like them are really the ones trying to breed division.

There are repeated instances for him asking for calm. but as Matt showed, there will be those who think it insincere or what have you because they don't really care what he does. He's in the opposite party of their liking and happens to have a black face. So just as some of you maligned black voters for voting for him just because he was black, perhaps a lot of you need to stop expecting him to be the solution for racial tensions just because he's black.

I suppose some of you think you have no affect on racial tensions by often times belittling the first black President or by declaring that black individuals killed by police got what they deserved or by making excuses for Trump and his band of bullies for beating a BLM protester.:rolleyes:

#65 Zaac, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Re: Ferguson

Obama said he understood why some Americans “are deeply disappointed, even angered.”

“It’s an understandable reaction,” Obama said. (excusing their actions) so when he calls for non violence, they know it's with a wink and a nod.

Then he calls for calm but secretly meets with the leaders of the agitators and tells them to stay on course, knowing their course was violent. (unless he's the dumbest man in the coiuntry)

7. matt wade

Now in context:

"First and foremost, we are a nation built on the rule of law. And so we need to accept that this decision was the grand jury’s to make. There are Americans who agree with it, and there are Americans who are deeply disappointed, even angry. It’s an understandable reaction. But I join Michael’s parents in asking anyone who protests this decision to do so peacefully. Let me repeat Michael’s father’s words: “Hurting others or destroying property is not the answer. No matter what the grand jury decides, I do not want my son’s death to be in vain. I want it to lead to incredible change, positive change, change that makes the St. Louis region better for everyone.” Michael Brown’s parents have lost more than anyone. We should be honoring their wishes. "

I understand the reaction of both sides. Doesn't mean I need to agree with either reaction, but I am able to understand it.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and everyone knew he was just mouthing obligatory words for the masses.

"Stay on course". He privately told the leaders of the agitators. And they did. Riots and looting.

9. matt wade

Let's, again, look at this in context. I believe this New York Times article is the original source for the staying on course quote:

"According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral, Mr. Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/u...html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=2

• Like Like x 1
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't change a thing , Matt.

The proof is in the result. Only an idiot would think the demonstrations would not end in violence and his weak admonishment was the same as an endorsement. They knew it.

11. matt wade

Again and again I have shown you words in context and they show contrary to what you say. Yet, as we now know, it doesn't matter what someone says. It only matters what your opinion on it is and you are somehow blessed with an ability to know someone's intent beyond their words.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's just say we agree to disagree. It doesn't take a special blessing to know what Obama is going to do, based on what he has done. He lies about absolutely everything and always...always... has saught to divide the races. Nothing that comes out of his mouth can be trusted. If anyone doesn't know him that well by now, they just haven't been paying attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. matt wade

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree, because you've made your mind up and no amount of logic, reason, or facts will change it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the contrary. It's the facts that sealed the deal. Obama and logic shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Obama's radical ideology has nothing to do with logic..

• Like Like x 1
  15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, you are ususlly fairly rational, but just looking at the last 7 years of the ZERO's talk vs. actions just confirms Carpro's evaluation!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's words are worth less than the Americna dollar. He is a liar and a son of the Father of it. We all know he says one thing in public and does another in private. The protests are not organic they are contrived and community organized as well as very heavily funded. Plausible deniability is the key word here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And it's this kind of disrespect and unrighteous anger coming out of folks who say they are in the Body of Christ that fuels the idiocy that played out in Colorado today.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They say! It takes "dumb" to recognize dumb! So, if my statement(s) are dumb, what does that make you?????? I'll let you digest that, like your turkey and dressing, and maybe you will see how redundant you have become! BTW - Jesus loves you and so do I .....

• Like Like x 1
  19. matt wade

This rambling makes no sense. No one says it takes dumb to recognize dumb. What does redundancy have to do with anything?

Have you finally gone full California wacko?