1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

5 point Calvinism

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by calvin4me, Jun 5, 2004.

?
  1. I am a five point Calvinist

100.0%
  2. I am not a five point Calvinist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

To determine how many people believe the five points of Calvinism.

2. CalifLady

CalifLady New Member

For me being able to say I am a 5 point Calvinist is such a blessing. Just a few months ago I was a full fledged Arminianist. As I share my story I can say that I did not change my own vision on doctrine but God allowed me to see what I could not see before. I sure am thankful! Humbled and thankful..
    CalifLady

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

CalifLady,

I'm sorry to hear that you too have been misled. As one who also fell into such error I really encourage you to study the doctrine of judicial hardening as it relates to Calvinism's belief of Total Depravity. Also study the issues of national election of Israel as it relates to his election of the Gentiles nations revealed in the NT. I believe its the blindness of these two major doctrines that lead Calvinists to make their errors in interpretation.

I could be wrong, I admit, but it wouldn't hurt to study these truths in detail with an open and objective mind to just see if indeed you may have been misled.

Thanks and God Bless you.

4. CalifLady

CalifLady New Member

Skandelon, thank you for caring for me! For many years many of our Calvinist friends tried to share their doctrine with us and failed. We could not see. I know that the Lord opened my eyes, it is my story. No person could do it only God's Spirit. My hubby still holds the Arminian doctrine. And not it causes us no problems at all. Thankfully!

God bless you too!
    CalifLady

5. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

CalifLady,

Congradulations on your discovery!
    Just remember, Arminians are not guiltless, and are easily prone to inject thier systems into Scripture no less than Calvinists.

I suggest that you not only study those things Arminians love to point at, but study EVERYTHING in the Bible.
    The Bible is obviously a huge book.

Also, I suggest that you seek out a teacher who is very educated in the original languages.

6. CalifLady

CalifLady New Member

Thank you calvinme. I do love to study the Bible and love to search and study many different topics and just read in general each morning allowing the Spirit to teach me as He will. Right here in this debate room I suppose I am concentrating on the Arminian/Calvin doctrines because that is the theme. And I am loving the new things God is teaching me!
    Thanks for the encouragment and hints. This room is great fun!
    CalifLady

7. Southern

Southern New Member

Califlady,
    Ditto on the testimony. All my natural arguments (oh how many the flesh can come up with) and "supposed" Biblical arguments (like the one mentioned above on national election in Rom. 9 that John Piper totally dismantled years ago) fell to the ground and I bowed in adoring wonder to the glorious teaching of God's grace.

In Christ,
    Bobby

8. CalifLady

CalifLady New Member

Bobby isnt it just such a sweet blessing to be able to have opened eyes to the "wonder" of God's grace. WOW! God bless you!

In Christ,
    CalifLady