1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

545 People: A MUST READ for all Christians!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 8, 2008.

1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Probably I am just being dumb here, but how can it be a violation of scripture to be a Christian and not being an American? I am not an American, but I am a Christian. There are millions of Christians in the world who are not Americans. Are they and I all violating scripture? I feel I must have misunderstood your word, "to be a Christian and not be an American is a violation of scripture," as I am almost certain you did not mean that only Americans can be Christians. (That would rule out Spurgeon, Wesley, Whitfield, Bunyan, and all the Christians mentioned in the New Testament). :laugh:

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Eh? How do you plot the population of European countries against their population? :confused:

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Stand in Error

I meant to say, that it did not matter if you were an American or from another nationality, if you are a believer, than you ARE mandated to pray for those in authority over you. Sorry Mr. Lamb. I sure didn't mean to insult your status as a believer from another country other than the USA.

Pastor Paul

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Don't worry, Pastor Paul, I was not in the least insulted, only confused. :laugh: Thanks for making it clearer. I fully agree that if you are a believer, you are to pray for those in authority over you.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank You Brother Lamb

I am glad I did nothing to cause a strain between us. I never noticed that you were from the UK until you wrote in response to my post. I am blessed to know many wonderful folks from around this orb of ours, people I'd never known had it not been for the miracle of the world wide web.

Pastor Paul :type: