1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

58% Say Release of CIA Memos Endangers National Security

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You could (you could say anything ... just read the nonsense that is said in this forum), but you would be incorrect. He made very bad choices, just like Bush did but he didn't have the international crisis to deal with.

The Dems were in Congress the last two years and did nothing to stop it. Let's face it. This is a democratic problem brought on by the same policies that Obama is pursuing.

I don't know of anyone who believes that. I don't think even you believe that.

Carter was hands down the worse, and no one but the far left doubts that. Bush was abominable. But not near Carter.

2. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This is exactly what I am talking about. Absolutely inane, silly comments made by people who have no idea what they are talking about. We are in the mess we are in because we spent too much money. Not because we didn't spend enough money.

The idea that we can solve a debt problem by creating more debt is sheer lunacy.

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

These have been well documented, including foreign policy and domestic policy. About the only thing that has changed is that Obama campaigned on one thing and is doing something else. And that's not really change. That's what Bush did and Clinton before him.

He said he would withdraw from Iraq, yet he is pursuing exactly the same policy Bush had. He said he would cut the budget, and he has already spent more money in pure debt than Bush did in several years. We could go on and on (and have in other places).

He has surrounded himself with the keystone cops. He doesn't have enough sense to fire these bozos and surrou8dn himself with good people.

Nope.

He doesn't have to spend to fix it. Spending was the problem. If he is going to fix it, then fix it. I am all for that.

And trillions of dollars gone.

A mess ... the same thing we will have in four years.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

What happened Ken? Not keeping your promises?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just discussing the news. Not debating any electoral/candidate stuff. Just the mess that conservatives have made of this country's economics.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That does not make him a conservative.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one goes back to the 2000 campaign there is no doubt that George W. Bush ran as a conservative, way more of a conservative campaign than Senator McCain did in 2008.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No you're not, Ken. You are not that deluded. This is about politics. You have attacked "conservatives" and defended Obama. That is not news. It is politics and you know it.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It doesn't matter if he ran as a two toed sloth. He is neither a sloth nor a conservative.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sure he did he had the hostages in Iran.

Sure... If the Republican's had us on a right trajectory the Dem's wouldn't have had the house the last two years and the republican's wouldn't be on time out now.

You must be kidding, Carter was doing so well getting the economy back on track Reagan kept his treasury secretary in his cabinet. Carter inherited that mess from Ford just like FDR got his mess from Hoover and Obama got his mess from Bush.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is information being spoken by economist. Professionals who are schooled and experts in the economy.

Explain this to me... How did government spending or the deficit cause this crises?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is why the Republican's were voted out of office. I know you don't like the fact that your economic philosophy was tossed out and rejected in the last elections but Obama is doing what we elected him to do. Whether you like it or not, it is a refreshing change from the last administration.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That wasn't an international crisis really. And he totally blew it.

I don't argue with that. The Republicans were losers. But the Dems didn't do any better. As I have said often, and you seem to fail to realize, everyone is to blame. The policies are to blame, and Obama is continuing those failed policies.

That's a laugher. I can see you laughing yourself because even you don't believe that.

Just like Bush got it from Clinton. The economy runs in cycles. It always has and always will. The government needs to get out of the way. That is what Obama is failing to do. He is spending money we don't have which is what got us here to begin with.

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The prevailing idea among economists is that the government needs to stop spending ... that Obama is likely delaying recovery and causing longer term issues.

You know so much ... you should already know. We all know that government spending affects the economy. But the issue is principle ... spending money we dont' have got us here both individually and nationally. (I already explained that and it is obvious that you don't care enough to learn so I don't know why I am repeating myself.)

What? My economic philosophy wasn't even tried. It wasn't up for a vote.

What's the difference? Bush cut taxes. Obama is cutting taxes (on more people apparently than Bush cut taxes on.) Bush spent like mad. Obama is spending like mad (more than even Bush spent). So what exactly is the refreshing change?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, President Obama is not continuing the same failed conservative supply side economics policies and laissez-faire lack of financial institution regulation of the Bush administration that created the current economic mess.

16. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

First, that's a political question that you said you wouldn't talk about anymore. You apparently just can't help yourself. You just can't keep your word.

Second, you are demonstrably wrong. The lack of financial regulation was a democratic problem as much as Republican. The problem is not laissez-faire (I am not sure you even know what that means). It was too much spending, and Obama is continuing that.

Where is your debt counter? Why aren't you posting that? That's actually news. You could post that without breaking your word. Of course, it would show how silly your support for Obama is.

The economy will recover no matter what. Even if you were president it would recover. Obama is slowing it down, costing people jobs, and hurting our country. Maybe where you are at it is okay with you, but around here, people are suffering because of it.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here, too, thanks to the failed conservative economic policies of the Republicans in Congress and the Bush administration during this decade.

The sooner that conservatives own up to their failures the quicker they change course and try to back policies that will benefit the United States instead of tearing it down as they have been doing.

#57 KenH, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  18. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

But Obama is continuing those same policies. He hasn't changed anything except that he is spending more money than Bush spent.

Conservatives didn't fail. Their policies were not enacted.

Ken, go home. Keep your word. Stay out of these discussions. It makes you look bad because you are wrong, and on top of that because you are not doing what you said you would do.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) President Obama is not continuing the same failed supply side, laissez-faire economic policies that conservatives advocate and that the Republican Congress and Bush administration used during this decade.

2) Yes, they did. That is clear to any objective observer and even those who aren't but are willing to admit the truth.

20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That's simply not true. The economic policies advocated by Bush and the Republicans in the last eight years were tax cuts and spending, right?

What is Obama doing? Cutting taxes and spending (more than Bush spent).

How is that different?

I realize you are not wanting to admit you are wrong because of the embarrassment you will face. The reality is that you are already embarrassed. You simply aren't acknowledging it. Obama is doing just what Bush did: Cutting taxes and spending money like crazy.

He is spending more money than Bush spent, in fact.

If by "failed" you mean "failed to enact policy," then yes, they failed. But any objective observer knows that the policies that were enacted weren't conservative policies. Conservatives don't spend money like that. You know that. You were a big fan of Ron Paul. He was a conservative. His policies weren't enacted. They didn't fail because they were never given a chance.