1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 6 Myths of the Non-Cal Position

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Sapper Woody, Feb 6, 2015.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Good.

Good again.

I am not in the business of judging anyone's eternal salvation, that is betwixt them in God. TBS, anything any of us state as a biblical fact, has to have the bible to support those claims. Salvation comes from the preaching of the gospel. I can not find any support for the notion of God sending an angel or even His Son to preach to us via dreams. If there's one verse that you can support with proper exegesis and hermeneutics, show me where they're at.

God is sovereign, but He doesn't violate His word, either. Salvation comes via preaching, not dreams.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Steaver laid that claim out and I have supported my beliefs with scriptures.

Show me where the preaching of the gospel, which brings salvation, comes via dreams.

You've posted ZERO scriptures in every post that I can think of. If you have, please accept my apology. Now, if you disagree with steaver, then why are you busting my chops and not his? You're just like him, one who loves nothing more than to sow discord on here...

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Mitch, here are all your posts in this thread....

In all of these posts you've made on here in 9 + pages, you had one post that sorta touched on a bible verse or two. All you did was bust my chops. You stated you disagreed with them, yet only came at me. You have shown your true colors on here. All you love to do is sow discord on here....sayanara....

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply posting scripture does not mean they apply the way you are trying to apply them. You have not made the case that your application of the scripture you posted is correct. You assume and want everyone to believe your assumption. You need to make your case further.

I never made the claim that it does. I have no need to defend it.

This statement is used as a tool, by many, to win debates and shut down arguments. It however, like in this case, is not a genuine concern. It really only shows that you have little to nothing else. The reason this true is because I have not been arguing the merits of his claim.

Just because I disagree with someone does not mean I need to "bust his chops". I believe you have made some reasonable arguments. I do not agree with them but never the less they are reasonable. The problem with your posts is the extreme nature in which you take your criticism of his posts. You seem angry about his position. Puzzling why.

Neither he nor I have posted anything to so discord. That seems to be a common theme among cals on this board lately. Again, it is a feeble attempt to shut down argument and win a debate. Such claims only show your argument is weak.

In the end none of the scripture you have posted has supported your position.

Here is my position on the matter:

1. I am not willing to dismiss the idea that God has sent someone or a people group a dream or vision.

2. For that dream or vision to be credible and of God it would have to be telling the receiver that which is already in scripture. It cannot be new or contrary to what we already know in scripture.

3. I have a question about the passage Romans 10 9-17 because it is not clear that the messenger delivering the gospel in that passage has to be of men or could it also be a God sent angel with a dream or vision. Anyone who says that passage has to mean men only is just not being honest. Such an idea is not clear in that passage.

4. I do not have an agenda to defend a pet doctrine, poorly defined like election. Therefore I can look at what Steaver and Ann said and see it objectively.

5. Steaver has not claimed anything that would add to scripture or give any new or contrary info. Therefore, any comparison to cults such as Mormonism etc where the founders added to scripture are failed comparisons to what Steaver and Ann have said.

Now:

Now, everything in this passage is summed up in vs. 21. All of those things will happen for one reason. That reason is not to develop the cannon of scripture. Those things will be done so that men will be saved. The time frame in this passage is the last days. That time frame is not until the cannon is closed. That time frame is all of the last days.

We, my friend, are in the last days. It is still the last days. It will continue to be the last days until the Lord Jesus returns literally and physically to the earth.

I have no idea if what Steaver or Ann has said is true. What I do know is that there has been no case made on this board in any recent time that shows it is not.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where any one of those posts are "discord". Again, Discord and debate are not the same thing. I have engaged in the later. you have not show that anything I have said is actual discord. You want to assume that it is for the purpose of demonizing someone you cannot make a decent argument against.

What I see is you claiming I have sown discord but you have not actually dealt with my arguments.

This seems to be a recent tactic of many cals on this board. When you lose your weak argument accuse.

#85 Revmitchell, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very nicely articulated!!! No new revelations adding to scripture. Only confirmations of what has already been given by the apostles and OT prophets. For the life of me I cannot understand why a Calvinist of all people would make God anything less than God. He is not going against His Word, He is preaching it!!