1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

60% of Iraqis Think Attacks on U.S. Forces Justified

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 10, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So much for the Bush administration policy winning hearts and minds in Iraq.

US surge has failed - Iraqi poll

About 70% of Iraqis believe security has deteriorated in the area covered by the US military "surge" of the past six months, an opinion poll suggests.

The survey by the BBC, ABC News and NHK of more than 2,000 people across Iraq also suggests that nearly 60% see attacks on US-led forces as justified.

This rises to 93% among Sunni Muslims compared to 50% for Shia.

The findings come as the top US commander in Iraq, Gen David Petraeus, prepares to address Congress.
    He and US Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker are due to testify about the effects of the surge and the current situation in Iraq.

The poll suggests that the overall mood in Iraq is as negative as it has been since the US-led invasion in 2003, says BBC world affairs correspondent Nick Childs.

The poll was conducted in more than 450 neighbourhoods across all 18 provinces of Iraq in August, and has a margin of error of + or - 2.5%. It was commissioned jointly by the BBC, ABC and Japan's NHK.

- entire results at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/10_09_07_iraqpollaug2007_full.pdf

#1 KenH, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My BS detector went off. Didn't yours Ken?

this data from institutions that use manipulated polls as as we use a Bible.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My skepticism is quite healthy toward all institutions on the right and the left.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I, for one, would like to see the information that this poll is inaccurate before I condemn it.

5. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

We need to pull back and redeploy of course we will not totally leave Iraq but we sure as sure can get out from between a rock and hard place. I think we could bring 100,000 troops home proclaim thier great succcesses and victorys and leave Iraq to Iraqis who are just trying to kill themselves really nothing we can do about that and we should not.

btw I think this is the nations posistion but not the warvangelicals and neocons who want to kill more and spend more.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

We're not leaving there any time soon. We are currently building a military base on the border of Iraq and Iran. (Can you just see the fireworks over this?) I am sure that will be a way into Iran when we think the time is right.

Also, how large is that embassy<sp> that we're building over there?!? It's one of the largest one ever if I remember right...

No Sir... We are not going anywhere anytime soon... Our Grandkids will get us out of this mess sometime in their lifetime.

Jamie

7. Dan V.

Dan V. New Member

There's not been much wisdom from evangelicals. Somehow we think we ought to export democracy to the sons of Ishmael. Totally absent from our efforts is the fact that without the light of the gospel, Iraqis will always have waring factions. By Divine decree.

As a nation, we're not that bright.

Dan V.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you want to commission another "opinion" poll?

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

It has been discussed and article links posted on this board that the BBC has an admitted liberal bias. That is enough to see that this poll is questionable at best.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

:laugh:

No, one poll is enough.

I don't think many Iraqi's really want us in their country, so I can easily believe that these number are correct.

11. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

You mean like our generation got us out of Korea?

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's like Sunnis taking a poll about Shiite popularity among Sunnis, and vice-versa.

13. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    double post. sorry, guys.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What? No flowers along the cakewalk yet? The official word is the surge is working...just wait a few more years, another 3 + thousand lives and several trillion dollars, you'll see. It'll work. "Trust us we're the government".

#14 poncho, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007