1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

60% Say Stimulus Plan Is What Democrats Want, Not Bipartisan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they keep going they may get one.

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I noticed tonight when one of the network news was coming on - probably Commie Couric's propaganda session - that they put the words "partisan politics" on the screen along side the Democratic Donkey and the Republican elephant symbols. Then the Donkey faded and they left the Elephant on the screen beside the word "partisan" for about fifteen seconds.

So in Comrad Couric's estimation, "partisan" is defined as not going along with the democrats, and is therefore a sin that only Republicans committ.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You are correct! The republicans don't won't to pass this legislation; they don't want to see a democrat turn the economy around. It would be political suicide. They have enough trouble getting elected now. If the democrat plan works, it will only be that much worse for the republicans.

It's time for the democrats to take control and not worry about what the republicans think!

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good luck with that. :laugh:

After the past two elections, the Right needs to concern itself with survival. Especially after the trouncing Obama gave to McCain.

#24 dragonfly, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

For trying what? He didn't try anything. He had a few people over for drinks. He didn't lead his party to include Republicans in the conference, and include Republicans ideas in the bill. He apparently has no control over Pelosi and Reid. It's just more failure from Obama. I can't recall a president who has had this much failure in his first month ever. Anyone else recall anyone who has failed this badly this early?

If Obama is serious about bipartisanship and progress, then veto this bill and send it back to the Congress for more work.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Hmmm.... so what does that say about the 7 or 8 DEMOCRATS that voted against the bill??:rolleyes:

Republicans and Independents vote, too- and the winds of 'fate' (not to mention 'voters') blow capriciously. When the inflation and price controls hit it will make it quite difficult for Mr. Obama and friends to keep blaming it on the former administration. Can anyone say 'malaise'? :eek:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He also went to the Capitol and met with the Republican's on more than one occasion then had several over for a one on one meeting with him. He made his staff available to them around the clock.

There are three equal branches of government. Many of the Republican representatives in the Congress made the clear after this last election. It is hypocritical to fall back now on he should be leading congress or he should have control over Pelosi and Reid.

I also believe the GOP excluded themselves because the only ideas they ever presented were tax cuts. I think had they of proposed some spending they felt would be productive they would have been brought to the table and listened to. As it stood, tax cuts were placed in the bill from the beginning so no need slowing negotiations with hearing about more of the same...

I am glad the majority doesn't agree with you. I agree the majority to include myself are not happy with this bill, we are happy with the effort Obama put forth trying to work with the GOP. I blame this bill on the GOP unwillingness to compromise and come to the table with suggestions they felt the other side would agree to instead of grabbing the mic and yelling about more tax cuts.

The tax cut party was at the wheel when we got in this mess. Why would we want to try that same logic to get out?

8. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

:laugh: The Dems control the House, the Senate, & the Executive and could have any bill that they want. But somehow or another it is the Republican's fault because they didn't save the Democrats from themselves.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. The Democrats only have 58 senators(when Senator Kennedy is healthy enough to attend) and nowadays it takes at least 60 votes to pass a bill in the Senate if the Republicans attmept to filibuster it. Therefore, it takes at least 2 Republican Senators voting with all 58 Democrats to pass a bill in the Senate if the Republicans attempt to filibuster it.

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Very much like Bush and crew when they owned Washington.. Abortion could be a thing of the past... but it's not.

So now is the time to cry about who controls what and it matters now when it never mattered before?

Don't get me wrong, I am not liking this bill, but I am quite tired of the blame game... For the last eight years it's blaming Bush and company and the people defending Bush over those last years said wait and see, let history decide etc etc...

Now, it's those VERY people nailing Obama left and right and he hasn't even been in office a month!

I didn't like what Clinton did to us, I didn't like what Bush did to us, but I sure can't say what I like or dislike about Obama since he hasn't even had a chance.

It's quite funny to watch how some people switch their tones depending on who is in office... The thing to remember is we are a nation of many not one. If we don't hold EVERYONE to the same standard we will never get our Washington back.

11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

They can always count on the ladies from Maine, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins to cross over. At any rate, the Dems control all three houses even if their hold on the Senate may not be filibuster-proof. What more could they ask for

12. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I seriously doubt if the Republicans in Congress are crying about it. As the Democrats demonstrated for eight years, it is much easier to criticize and throw spitballs than to lead.

13. targus

targus New Member

So you won't be satisfied until the Democrats have absolute complete dictatorial control?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would I like for the Democrats to have at least 60 seats in the Senate after the 2010 election? Ask me when we get closer to November 2010.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It is the Republican's fault for not sitting down at the table of discussion to have the fat removed. Obama wanted with all his heart for this to be a bipartisan bill, if the republican's had of looked like they would meet the democrats somewhere in the middle they would still be discussing this bill. Instead they stayed at 100% tax cuts which the democrats said no to many times so they grabbed the mic and started yelling fowl...

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's not true, don't take us moderates for granted. That's why the GOP has been falling short, they forgot who wins every election...