1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

86th Annual National Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Meeting in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Rob't K. Fall, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

On a lighter note, brethren, here is some information of interest to some here (to the others please consider this so much white noise).

June 13-15, 2006, the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship, International will hold its eighty sixth annual national fellowship meeting in San Francisco. The meeting is hosted by Hamilton Square Baptist Church. This year HSBC celebrates her 125th anniversary.

Click here for more info.

[ April 03, 2006, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Squire Robertsson ]

2. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

The meeting's theme is A Light Shining in Darkness.
    Here is the conference schedule from the website:

Tuesday, June 13

5:00 p.m. Registration Begins

7:00 p.m. Fred Moritz
    Christ, the Light for a Dark World—The light of the Gospel is the answer to the tragic consequences of the darkness of the worlds pagan religions.

8:00 p.m. Chuck Phelps
    Dispelling the Darkness in Order to Bring Joy to Your City—The aggressive nature of modern day paganism will require a new level of dedication in our ministries. New and greater results will be sure to follow.

Wednesday, June 14

8:30 a.m. Prayer Meeting

9:00 a.m. Matt Recker
    Dispelling the Darkness through Reaching the Nations of the World at Our Doorstep—One of the world’s greatest missionary opportunities is found in the dramatic demographic changes taking place right where we live.

10:00 a.m. Jeremy Sweatt
    Dispelling the Darkness through a New Generation of Leaders in New Emerging Cities—God is wonderfully raising up a new generation of men passionately committed to God’s Word and to the amazing opportunities of new, burgeoning cities across America and around the world.

11:00 a.m. Split Sessions:
    Dave Burggraff—The Light of Apologetics for a Pagan Age
    Claudia Barba—Overcoming your Fear of the Dark—Women in ministry face unique challenges, but we can serve Him in joy and victory.

12:30 p.m. Lunch

1:30 p.m. Dave Barba
    Dispelling the Darkness through Planting Vibrant, Biblical Churches—Church planting is the key to personal and cultural transformation in a pagan world, and the doors are wide open.

2:30 p.m. Free Time for Sightseeing
    Pastor Innes’ Preacher’s Tour

Thursday, June 15

9:00 a.m. Dave Shumate
    Dispelling the Darkness of America’s Great Immigrant Throngs—Churches need to be both creative and practical in their outreach to the flood of immigrants in our nation. Reaching them is not nearly as difficult as it might appear.

10:00 a.m. David Innes
    Dispelling the Darkness by Ministering in the Impossible Places—The power, presence, and provision of God are a living reality in the impossible places. Those who are unwilling to commit their lives to that which seems impossible, will experience little of the reality of the supernatural in their lives.

11:00 a.m. Split Sessions:
    Dave Burggraff—Spiritual Resources for Dispelling the Darkness
    Claudia Barba—Shining as a Light—The Power of Biblical Womanhood—As our world grows darker, a godly woman has a greater opportunity to shine for His glory.

12:30 p.m. Lunch

1:30 p.m. Bob Jones III
    Christian Education: Confronting the Darkness with the Weapon of Light—Central to all Christian education is the exaltation of truth and light which have their source in our Lord Jesus Christ and the Word of God.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to meet the Squire, come meet me in San Francisco. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

Now this is surprising, no comments. Oh well, that much more San Francisco sourdough french bread for me. [​IMG]

5. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I moved this thread over from the Pastoral Ministries Forum. Can I get any RSVPs or am I going to be the only BB member in Corinth by the Bay?

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I'd love to meet the Squire and love to be at the conference, but its a long way away from old Blitey!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wish I could be there as well - would love to come but its nearly as far for me ;) .

8. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd love to go, and will make the reservations as soon as one of you guys sends me the money. Want my bank account number? :D

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Hey John, there are a number of generous benificiaries in Nigeria who would like to give you the money and millions more in exchange for your bank details!
    ;)

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yeah, Ulsterman, let me see where I put that Nigerian e-mail. Just a few thousand would do me for now.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Are you sure its positivily free, and I can overlook that part of the application entirely?

13. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

Tuesday night is most definitely free. That service is concurrent with HSBC's (usually held on Weds. night) mid week service. I would hazard the same is true for the other preaching services. I'll PM you on other matters.

14. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I'm at school all nite tuesday :(

15. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

It looks like the meeting has confirmed ~300 attendees. That doesn't count folks coming in for the day or late registrations. Some sinking ship, ehh what?

16. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Meeting Numbers

:praise: There was a high of ~525 Tuesday night. The average for the three days was ~330. HSBC was packed for the three days. Men and women from all over the US, the Dominican Republic, Dominica, Japan and the Philippines attended the meetings. A good and blessed time was had by all.:thumbs:

#16 Squire Robertsson, Jun 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
  17. Rob't K. Fall

Rob't K. Fall New Member

A Good Time

was had by all. I'll check around this Sunday and find out if any CDs are available for ordering. I know they were copying them for the attendees who palced their orders at the meetings. Dr. (and he is a real live, not a DD, doctor) Burggraff's messages are worth the price.:praise:

18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was probably Brother Peter Maruyama who went from Japan. He's a wonderful pastor who graduated from BJU many moons ago, and I believe he always attends. Wish I could have gone!

19. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attendees

Yeup, Maruyama-san was there. He and Pastor Innes are classmates. Brother Limcocco was in from the Philippines. :praise: