1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A baby was saved today!

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by lifeandliberty, Apr 26, 2006.

1. lifeandliberty

lifeandliberty New Member

Babies are often saved from death when Christians speak out on their behalf at their local abortion mill.

A baby was saved today in Richmond as a couple drove into RMCW. They were shown the front cover of our flyer with a picture of a preborn girl and the caption, "She's a Child, not a Choice." They looked at it for a while and then parked the car. After talking for some time to one another they left the premises without entering the clinic.

You can find lots of helpful informatiom on sidewalk counseling at
    http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/cat_sidewalk_counseling.php

When Christians show up, babies are saved.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Good.

And yet, I wonder what was really accomplished? Were hearts changed, souls saved? When this baby is born, will it have a happier life, a Christian home?

I am not in favor of abortions- God forbid! But I wonder just how much protesting accomplishes in the light of eternity.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree. One does not advance the cause of Christ by standing in front of abortion clinics with signs, or spurting forth hateful slogans at homosexuals, but one advances the cause of Christ by simply proclaiming the Gospel and letting God do His effectual work in peoples hearts.

Good post Mex, and God bless!

4. mnw

mnw New Member

What was accomplished? A baby was saved!

I'm not up for burning abortion clinics and beating up doctors. But if a person chooses to stand there with a poster instead of watching a football game in their spare time then praise the Lord.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

4HisGlory,

why do you seem to so often go straight to assuming a worst-case scenario? Come on, what "lifeandliberty" described was not hateful. The people were handed a brochure and were obviously left alone to make their own decision.

Actually, I would have liked to have heard that more one-on-one discussion took place. I think it would have been even better if the person handing out the flyers had stopped and asked if they could explain WHY we believe this baby is a person and not just a fetus. It could have been a good opportunity to witness.

I certainly do hope that the baby was indeed saved. My pessimistic side keeps pointing out that they very well could have just gone to another clinic that didn't have anyone passing out flyers in front of it. But I hope this was not the case.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I never said that anything "hateful" was said in this scenario. I was simply giving another example of Christian's who have their priorties misplaced. Why do you always misunderstand what others post and take offense at it?

Spending time trying to stop abortions by standing in front of clinics is not the answer to the abortion problem, and often only creats more problems.

Just proclaim the Gospel and let God do His work.

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Who said I was offended? It was just a question. You do realize you just jumped to a "worse-case scenario" conclusion again? :D

I do agree that it would be better to stand outside abortion clinics with gospel tracts. Been there and done that before myself.