1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Baptist weakness?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    GB, everytime I think you might just be misunderstood, you come up with these kind of statements. I sure hope that you are not so silly in all the discipling of people you claim to do.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually I have a lot of fun discipling people. We do a lot of fun things together. They are my friends. They are eager to grow and do ministry. They encourage me a lot. Each group of people has its own struggles. Some have gone through some terrible times. As a group we help them and pray for them. In one group was a lady who was very afraid of her husband because he had beaten her so bad that she did not look like the same person. As a group we took care of her until she could get going again. She stayed in our homes with her children.

I center things on Christ not on being a Baptist. There have been people for all kinds of backgrounds in the groups and churches. When I keep the focus on Christ there is seldom any discussion about church comparisons. If there is I quickly focus the discussion on what the Bible teaches. We must give people time to wrestle with God in their walk with Him. I am not there to convert anyone to a church but to follow Christ. That takes care of a lot of church and denomination connected problems.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Go back and read what the poster wrote then you will realize my point was to show him where he was in agreement with the RCC. While that may seem silly to you and I, there are those who do not seem to know much about what others believe and where they may be in agreement.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is really perceptive of you. Have you been looking at my profile again?

I am sure you have seen the Democrats national symbol. Both you and this symbol have lots in common, like two eyes, for example. Does that mean I should call you one?(althought wonder if it would be justified)

You need to get out more.

My point is (duh) that you were in fact not trying to bring out a response, for had you been, you would not have used terms such as Catholic or Mormom, terms that you know are inflammatory. You were using the terms to get a dig, or a jab at someone, a fellow pastor. For all the theology you have studied and I am sure human relationship courses, you could have found much better wording or comparisons in order to be edifying, something you love to accuse others they are not being.

In my job, I am required to bring out the best in people regardless of circumstances, and to anticipate problems before they arise. So, to answer your question, I know the difference. What is odd about this question is that this is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Your posts for the last few years show a consistant pattern of accusing the SBC, and a total disregard for the local church. So tell me, how does that fact square with your question?

The question is called sarcasm. Your crusade against the SBC has gained how much in getting to Gospel to the lost?

[/QUOTE]
    I am waiting for an answer in an effort to try and undertsand how your question is not one of antagonism but rather seeking to edify. [/QUOTE]
    I am not going to answer a question that asks exactly what you do constantly.

#84 saturneptune, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I assume you are on the BB because you are a Satanist.

I do not have that much time to engage in spending my time day dreaming and looking at symbols.

Actaully I was not talking about Mormonism or Catholicism but to expose the similarities in thinking.

I got a rise out of you and I am quite sure that Larry understood exactly what I was doing. You need to go back to doing maintenance.

I am unable to see that quality on the BB with your saracasm and antagonism.

[/quote]So, to answer your question, I know the difference. What is odd about this question is that this is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Your posts for the last few years show a consistant pattern of accusing the SBC, and a total disregard for the local church. So tell me, how does that fact square with your question?[/quote] Amazing how you can draw such an exaggerated point of view based on a single convention's abuses and lies.

If the SBC did not exist then non-Christians would not have to read about the unbiblical practices and fighting that exists among those in the SBC. Can you explain how the prophets promoted holiness and walking with God? Can you explain how the lawsuits among the SBC folks in MO helps to get the gospel to the lost? What have you done to put a stop such unbiblical nonsense so the money used for ministry and now used for lawsuits wil be used for getting the gospel out. Can you explain how the unbiblical practice of the BFA facilitated in getting the gospel to the lost?

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You can make fun all day long of what I do for a living, but there is one difference, I do my job correctly.

As for getting a rise out of me, if that makes you feel proud, I am really happy fro you.

I do not know why you keep bringing up Pastor Larry in your posts. I havent mentioned him one time. I am sure he will speak if he has something to say.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is not about making fun of anyone but about sticking your nose in something you know nothing about. You make quite a lofty claim. Everyone makes mistakes at one time or another.

Part of the debate was with Pastor Larry and myself, not you. It appears that you do not understand and never will. So why do you find it necessary to police the debate in terms of your opinions?

You got my point exactly.

You failed to answer the following questions I asked in an earlier post:

Can you explain how the prophets promoted holiness and walking with God?

Can you explain how the lawsuits among the SBC folks in MO helps to get the gospel to the lost?

What have you done to put a stop such unbiblical nonsense so the money used for ministry and now used for lawsuits wil be used for getting the gospel out.

Can you explain how the unbiblical practice of the BFA facilitated in getting the gospel to the lost?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I answered every one of your questions over and over.

Yes, the debate was between you and Pastor Larry. I get sick and tired of seeing you demean other individuals, other faiths, other denominations, and even those within your own that do not agree with you.

As far as sticking my nose in things I know nothing about, I know more about the Bible from attending Wednesday night Bible study and teaching than you do from all your education, based on your posts, and that is your job.

This is the bottom line. You have excluded so many groups from being a true New Testement church, including the SBC, that one has to wonder, what is left? Your opinions about the Bible. I doubt very much the Lord established the future preservation of His entire church on your opinions. The verse says on this rock I will build My church, not sarcasm, demeaning words, meanness, and ignorance.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could you point out where you answered the following questions which I asked earlier because in my old age I am unable to find your specific answers to them?

Can you explain how the lawsuits among the SBC folks in MO helps to get the gospel to the lost?

What have you done to put a stop such unbiblical nonsense so the money used for ministry and now used for lawsuits wil be used for getting the gospel out. I am talking about the lawsuits among those in the SBC in MO.

Can you explain how the unbiblical practice of the BFA facilitated in getting the gospel to the lost?

How have you been the perfect example of how it should be done?

Then apply Prov 27:2.

Then apply your own advice and show us how it is done.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing more to say to you except whatever event put you on such a vengeful path is destroying whatever call there was in you. You are letting it eat at your soul, your inner being, to the point of thinking everyone else, including fellow pastors from the same faith are wrong except you. Maybe you should go back and revisit whatever event started all this, and ask the Lord to forgive whoever needs forgiven and for you to receive peace.

#90 saturneptune, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009