1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A baseless accusation rule

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Jan 14, 2011.

?
  1. I am for it

100.0%
  2. I am against it for the reasons I state below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other- I will explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I think baptistboard ought to consider implementing a rule that forces more integrity and honor on baptistboard.

I think that whenever somebody claims something about others on baptistboard they ought to HAVE to support it.

It should go something like this:

"Some people on baptistboard follow Calvin more than they follow God AND I BASE THAT ON THE FOLLOWING QUOTES..."

Here is another example:

"You are a troll AND I BASE THAT ON THE FOLLOWING QUOTES..."

And...

"You are an open theist AND I BASE THAT ON THE FOLLOWING QUOTES..."

Without this, some will continue to drive by post and dishonorably hurl baseless accusations. Some people visiting the site might read them and not know that it is these people's dishonorable habit and believe the baseless accusation.

I also think that moderators ought to be encouraged to come in and rebuke posters for NOT addressing the arguments but rather insulting or disrespecting the arguers.

All comments should either be kind and light or directed directly at the arguMENT not the arguer.

For example, if one says, "You are _________" instead of "That is _________" in response to an arguments, the poster ought to be rebuked.

This would make a big difference in my opinion in the tone of this site. It would also force us to stay with the arguments and cover a lot more ground.

#1 Luke2427, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke read the rules that are found at the bottom of each page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.