1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Black Friday Indeed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Friday, January 23, 2009 is indeed the first black Friday of the occupation of the White house by Mr. Obama. Today he reversed the standing policy concerning stem cell research that was placed into affect under George W. Bush. This decision places mere hope, the ‘possibility’ of improved quality of life for a few living, over and above life itself, in particular, the innocent life of the unborn.

Yes , Mr. Obama indeed succeeded in creating the first black Friday of his occupation of the White House. He certainly created change alright, change that is not in the best interests of life, morality, or the future of our Nation.

God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man sows as the leader of our nation, so shall we all reap.

Get the editorials to your local newspapers rolling. :thumbs:

#1 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is sad, indeed. :tear:

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This isn't a Bush policy, it was actually started by Reagan. Then over turned by Clinton, and put back in place by Bush.

It will probably continue to flip back and forth through administrations.

"..... the ban has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since GOP President Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. Democrat Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but Republican George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office."

LINK

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I can almost envision some future headline: 'Obama Cures Man of Spinal Cord Injury!'

Could such a headline remind anyone of any particular end time prophesy?
    :eek:

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And on Sept 11, 2001 we were attacked. In 4 to 8 years are we willing to face the judgment of the God of Life which will even be more sever than 9/11?

6. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Thankfully He "delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son".

I am willing as Gods ambassador to be here on his behalf.

"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

Where else would God want that gospel preached but in a dark world.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Let us not be like a plumber who complains of leaky faucets but rather let us be thankful for the opportunity to get the call to fix the leaks.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does that compare to what Jesus did to make disciples and reach people with the gospel compared to the government situation at the time.

I do not place my trust in the government officials. I do not promote denominations and conventions sitting by and watching the world go to hell while they write editorials and boycott companies. I have no hope in that. My hope is in Jesus Christ.

How about closing the Sunday evening services and Wednesday night services and then going out two by two and winning people to Jesus Christ and teaching them to make disciples? It is easy to sit in the pew and listen to a preacher but it quite another to do the work of ministry. Ministry is work. It takes energy and time to do ministry and reach people. People will come back changed.

There was a time of the Moral Majority. What happened? During my short lifetime I have watched many denominations, seminaries, and conventions practice their faith less, and reach fewer people. That has nothing to do with government. It has everything to do with Christians and their focus. Satan likes to get the Christian busy, busy, and not producing.

Praying for people and watching them come to Christ and then helping them grow so that they can make disciples is what Jesus commanded. That kind of discipleship will work anywhere, under any conditions.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen!! What better light than the light of a Christian living for Jesus Christ.