1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A blasphemous error in the KJV

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pastor Larry, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Following word_digger's "study" techniques, I found a place that should cause every person to burn their KJV.

Ezekiel 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

The KJV makes Ezekiel out to be Christ and says that Ezekiel will return in the clouds with great power and glory. I cannot imagine a more blasphemous affront to the supremacy of the real Son of man, Jesus Christ himself. To equate Jesus with some lowly prophet is blasphemous to the Son of God. Let us tolerate no such blasphemy. Let us all eradicate ourselves of such blasphemy by immediately ceasing to use the KJV.

Of course, once again we have only shown that the arguments of the KJVOers work against the KJV when they are consistently and honestly used. What we have seen is that KJVOers are inconsistent and dishonest when it comes to God's word.

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Luke 1:35 [T]herefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The facts are clear: The King James Version, comparing “Scripture with Scripture” is saying that Jesus and a cockroach or other creeping creature are one and the same. That is what the KJV literal wording in Genesis 1:24 implies. And that is as wrong as things can be. Therefore, if the King James Version is inaccurate in this verse, are you willing to trust it as the “Word of God” elsewhere? Please think about this prayerfully.

3. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

If you two actually study you're Bibles in this way, you are farther gone than anyone on this board.

[ September 27, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: TheOliveBranch ]

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

We are being facetious. We are showing the fallacy of the approach to the Bible shown by word_digger and other KJVOs. There is a thread entitled "Blasphemous error in teh NIV." What I have done in my first post is use the exact same logic against the KJV. I did that not be serious but to show how foolish the original thread was. The Bible deserves a better treatment than word_digger gave it. His attack on the word of God was uncalled for. I did this merely to point out the foolishness involved in such a method.

5. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

Sorry, I forgot the " [​IMG] "