1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A call to help...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by sea_angel, Jun 1, 2005.

1. sea_angel

sea_angel New Member

I am a ChemoAngel and my chemobuddy, who lives in Florida, is really having a tough time. This October I am able to walk, in his honor, in the Light the Night Walk locally which is a walk that supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the research they do in trying to find a cure for these awful diseases. I'd like you all to prayerfully consider donating to our cause. My buddy is 38, has a wife and 3 children and is on the third year of his fight. If he can hang on through this most recent illness, maybe soon we'll have found something to help him be able to survive this and see his children grow up. We've all been touched by cancer in some way, either by having it or knowing someone who does. I personally have known and loved many w/ the disease. My good friend in high school had osteosarcoma at age 8 and lost her leg to it...praise God she is still here and happy and healthy. [​IMG] Another friend of mine from school just helped her daughter (age 5) win the battle against a blood related disease (similar to leukemia). [​IMG] My g'pa was afflicted w/ prostate cancer as was my neighbor...g'pa is w/ the Lord, my neighbor is still w/ us. My first chemobuddy lost his battle w/ pancreatic cancer at the age of 56 this year [​IMG] and my current buddy has small intestine cancer that is spreading to his lungs and liver. Please, if you cannot donate (there is a link below), please prayerfully consider getting involved in the cause by walking in your local LLS Light the Night Walk or something similar that they may provide in your area. If you have ANY questions, feel free to email me. Thanks for taking the time to read this!!! The Lord is great and worthy of our praise!!! Come, Lord, Come!!!
    Love in Christ,
    Amy ([email protected])
    ChemoAngel to Brian [​IMG]
    http://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver2/ASopoti1

2. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

Thank you for posting Sea_angel the web site is awesome!!!, [​IMG] I am going to do some research. I have lost so many members of my family to cancer, mother,father, at least 2 grandparent, one brother and ano is fighting cancer now,and a first cousin is fighting cancer now also. Thank again and God Bless. [​IMG] [​IMG] --------Sheila [​IMG]

3. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

My wife, an ovarian cancer survivor due to the Grace of God, will be walking tomorrow night here in Augusta at the Walk for Life rally sponsored by the American Cancer Society. This will be her first year to participate. She was asked to help support the fund raising as her employer will be helping out as well. She is two years out from her surgery and chemo which ended in August of 2003. She is walking miracle. All credit goes to the Lord Jesus Christ.

4. sea_angel

sea_angel New Member