1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A cheap source for mini CD-R's

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by baptistteacher, Mar 7, 2003.

1. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Does anyone know of a good, cheap source for mini-CD-R's? Or the "Business Card" mini CD-R's?

I would like to get them in quantity to put a message about our church on, and give them to visitors who come to our church. If we could get them cheaply enough, we could even use them to pass out in a neighbourhood as an evangelistic tool.

Which would work best to make sure everyone could view the info -- 1) an HTML file, or 2) a .pdf file, for Acrobat reader? Any other ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

That sounds like a good idea, any takers? [​IMG]

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every computer user is likely to have a web browser on their system, so HTML would be the most compatible... But then you can't always be sure that HTML will be rendered properly by the browser.

I'd take the risk of putting the material in a high-quality PDF (more than 72 dpi) and distributing the Acrobat Reader on the CD (you probably need to let Adobe know you are planning to distribute their reader). Macintosh people running the current operating system can read/create PDFs natively and most saavy Windows people have Acrobat Reader already installed. If nothing else, non-saavy Windows users with dial-up connections will be happy to save a lengthy download by installing Acrobat Reader from your CD-R. :D

4. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hey Bro.!!!
    Not all computers do very well with the mini CDs. Mine does fine, but on Carl's the little "well" is not deep enough and the disc jumps out of place when the drawer closes.

Sam's club has 50 CD-Rs with slimline boxes for about $20. [regular size] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. LindaB

LindaB New Member

6. LindaB

LindaB New Member

regarding the html/adobe question
    html will work fine on cd for viewing,and is generic enough so that the user wont need to download anything to view your material..
    Linda
    christiangraphicdesign.com

7. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Thanks Linda, I'll check into that.

By the way, I recently discovered the ChristianGraphics site and signed up for the basic membership. It's neat! (OOOPS! One of those terms from my youth. ;) [​IMG] ) Can't afford the paid membership right now.

Also, thanks Gayla for the other info about the mini CD's not working sometimes. They are easier to carry in a pocket or purse, and would be a novelty that might coax someone to try out just to see what it is. Will have to think about that some more.
    [​IMG]

8. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hey Rog, did have you done anything with this idea yet???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Not yet, Sis.
    It's been too crazy busy around here. Robert can do the HTML if we get him the info. He has been real busy with his new job and stuff, too.

[​IMG]

10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

New job? [​IMG]