1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Christian in South Africa asks, is the true?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Stop the Ground Zero Mosque

Dear Fellow American:

You’d have to be paying pretty careful attention to the mainstream news these days to be aware of what I’m about to tell you... but even then you may have missed it. I’m talking about the shocking fact that a Muslim Mosque is about to be erected on the hallowed acreage of lower Manhattan’s Ground Zero.

That’s right, unless we act now – and with your essential help – the radical Islamic terrorists at war with America will erect a monument to their “victory” on September 11, 2001... a “victory” that slaughtered thousands of Americans, and signaled to the world that we are locked in battle with a ferocious, pitiless, and barbaric enemy.

This is not the type of campaign we normally engage in. But this IS a crisis that must be addressed. And fast.

PLEASE GO HERE TO HELP US DEFEAT THIS CRAZY, OFFENSIVE PLAN TO ERECT A MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO!

An Outrage We Are Determined to Correct

This plan to erect a mosque at Ground Zero is a crisis of monumental psychological and National Security importance. And so, we are doing everything in our power to alert the American public about this new outrage soon to be perpetrated upon them.

And, we are doing everything within our power to ensure that the U.S. Congress hears our collective outrage, respects it, and acts immediately to kill this despicable plan.

With your help, we will enact an overwhelmingly aggressive, effective campaign to “Kill the Ground Zero Mosque.” We will not rest until the plans for this mosque are burned, smoking, and buried... like the twisted metal of the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers themselves, after the terrorist attack that killed so many of our fellow Americans at Ground Zero.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN TO PRESERVE THE SANCTITY OF GROUND ZERO... AND TO REPEL FURTHER ISLAMIC INSULT

Obama’s Silence is Tacit Encouragement

No thinking American would or could approve of this plan to erect a mosque at Ground Zero... and no sensitive Muslim would even contemplate such a thing. Honestly. A mosque at Ground Zero?!?! Who could conceive of such an offense, if not a radical Muslim ideology that dictates America – and Americans -- must suffer for her perceived “sins?”

No. There can be no mistake: erecting a mosque at Ground Zero is a proverbial thumb-in-the-eye to America and all she stands for. This would be a deliberate attempt to glorify the martyrdom – and ultimate cowardice – of those 19 hijackers... a monument to the terrorist jihad in which they were engaged, and in which their sympathizers and backers continue to engage.

And yet, we have heard not one word of opposition from President Obama. But, he is on record as having proclaimed to Arab Muslims: “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” So, at least his priorities are clear.

Because Americans cannot count on their Commander-in-Chief to protect their interests when things get “ugly,” it falls on our shoulders – you and I – to repel this new attack on our homeland.

Allowing a mosque at Ground Zero is akin to allowing Osama Bin Laden to pour camel-gourds of sun-ripened urine on the individual graves of the thousands of Americans slaughtered that beautiful Tuesday morning. It would be an offense of nearly imponderable humiliation, and surrender. It cannot come to pass... even with President Obama’s silent assent.

PLEASE, CLICK HERE TO OFFER YOUR VOICE TO THE SILENT CHORUS OF OUTRAGE FROM OUR AMERICAN LEGIONS OF 911 LOST

History of Adopting “Tough” Fights... and Taking on Adversaries No One Else Will

This is not our standard campaign. But no one else is aggressively fighting on this front, and so we must.

We are no stranger to a tough fight. In fact, The National Republican Trust has provided a powerful voice during a critical time for the Conservative cause... and during the ongoing fight to safeguard America’s bright future.

We have been the ones to stand up against the reckless agenda of Obama, Pelosi and the Washington establishment.

When other Conservatives refused to attack Obama’s radical associates during his presidential run, we led the charge with our “Shock and Awe” campaign highlighting his venom spewing, anti-American minister, Jeremiah Wright.

Our national and strategically targeted local ad campaigns have consistently delivered for the Conservative cause... most recently, in several critical special elections around the country.

Please, go to www.GOPTrust.com to see for yourself the impact we have had on behalf of the conservative cause.

A Ground Zero Mosque – Consistent with Agenda of this Administration

When everyone was asleep at the switch fretting about what to do about Obama, we wrote and published Shadow Government: What Obama Doesn’t Want You to Know About His Czars. This book serves as additional, compelling evidence that we are the ones stopping this crazy train.

Our book brought great scrutiny to Obama’s un-vetted, and unconfirmed czars and continues to be the driving force behind new eye-opening revelations. With our book providing impetus, Members of Congress tried to hold hearings on these czars... but they were stonewalled by the Obama Administration.

CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT OUR KILL THE GROUND ZERO MOSQUE CAMPAIGN, AND GET YOUR FREE COPY OF SHADOW GOVERNMENT WITH A MINIMUM CONTRIBUTION OF $50

Congress Isn’t Listening Now– But They will Be

Before I started the National Republican Trust PAC, I spent more than a decade engaged in covert investigations of our nation’s enemies, including an extensive, inside look at the terrorist organization, Hamas.

I know these people. I know their modus operandi... I know their poisonous philosophy... and I know their twisted Koranic convictions.

They always erect monuments to their victories and to their martyrs. Make no mistake, these evil terrorists DO think they won the battle of 911. And they do see it only as a battle... one of many to come in this long war they have waged against us.

Everything about them, and everything they believe in, is wrong. But, they do bring commitment; their patience is inexhaustible. We must meet – and defeat – them head-on, with overwhelming force, and with even more single-minded devotion.

Our Congressmen are currently distracted, and busy. No matter. The campaign we engage in – the campaign that your generosity and commitment make possible – will ensure that we are victorious in this campaign to Kill the Ground Zero Mosque.

We must, and we will. We cannot let these terrorists build a shrine on the ground where they slaughtered more than Three Thousand Americans. GO HERE TO JOIN THE FIGHT!

With deep respect, and gratitude.

Yours for America,

Scott Wheeler,
    Executive Director
    www.GOPTrust.com

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scott:

This has been discussed here on this board, and, Baptists being Baptists, there were, of course, the dissenters who thought the idea was great, a mark of "coming of age", a trait of sophistication, and if you happened to be not in favor?

Well, just look for the thread somewhere on the board.

Personally, I don't like it at all.

I love the American flag, and do not want its colors and designs worn as a bikini, bathing suit, underwear, shirt, pants, or anything else except a symbol of a great country waving in the breeze up a flagpole, a flag under which brave, honorable, and great men fought, bled, and died.

Yet, Baptists being Baptists, many think that such a notion is too rigid, too old-fashioned, and the flag is ...... just one of many symbols.

I love the English language (even though I was not born speaking it, nor even raised up on it, and speak it with accents mistaken from Hindi to French to Russian to North American Indian) and I believe with all my heart that English MUST be the official language in this country, and all others who come to this country MUST learn it.

But, again, there are some here who think otherwise, that because America was originally a country of immigrants, then it is the natural-born American who need to learn another language, who needs to understand another culture, needs to show its sophistication, and anything versus these is a sign of bigotry, or racism, or just plain ignorance.

Of course, the way I described these may be too harsh.

But, you know where I'm coming from.

So, you can bet your last South African coin on the fact that that mosque will go up, and Elena Kagan will be confirmed, and Mr. Barack Obama will continue to wring his hands in apology for America, all of which I hope to be happily wrong.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

If a mosque is not permitted in NYC then should Christian churches be permitted in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is no mosque being built on Ground Zero. Ground Zero (the footprints of the twin towers) will be memorials. On the remaining property, buildings are currently being built that will not include a mosque.

However, there is a desire to build a mosque about 600 feet from the Ground Zero area which is meeting with a LOT of resistance, as can be imagined. 600 feet in NYC is about two city blocks.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

From what I read the idea was reaching out a hand and showing tolerance even to those who would come back and bite us. The U.S.A. has always had that quality. They helped re-build the very nation that attempted to destroy them--Japan (II World War).

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, I'll tell you I am flabbergasted; you Americans..... No, not you Americans..... you Christians! Jesus washing Mohammet's feet? O Lord, the great day of your wrath is upon us!