1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A close look at Rom 11 !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You cannot assume your position is right and then use it to prove it is right as that is circle reasoning and that is exactly what you are trying to do.

Just because both Gentile elect and Jewish elect share the same NEW BIRTH as illustrated in Isaac does not mean Gentile become Jewish or Israel or Jews become Gentiles. It only means that all promised seed regardless of Ethnic souce (Gentiles or Jews) are TWICE BORN. Being TWICE BORN does not change their ethnicity. Twice Born Jews are SPIRITUAL JEWS and twice born Gentiles are SPRITUAL GENTILES but neither in this present Gentile age are Spritiual Israel.

Spiritual Elect National Israel does not exist in this present age. Paul uses the FUTURE tenses when talking about when ISRAEL AS A NATION will be grafted back in again, will be received, will be brought to life.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE THAT THIS REFERS TO REMNANT OF ISRAEL BECAUSE REMNANT IS PRESENTLY BEING SAVED IN EVERY GENERATION BUT ISRAEL AS A NATION OR SPIRITUAL ISRAEL WILL NOT BE SAVED UNTIL A SPECIFIC POINT IN THE FUTURE THAT IS DEFINED WITH DETAILED ACCURACY:

1. NOT "until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" - v. 25
    2. NOT until after the Deliver comes out of Zion - v. 26
    3. NOT until the ungodliness of Jacob is removed - v. 26
    4. NOT until their sins are remitted - v. 27
    5. ONLY THEN shall "all Israel" be saved - v. 26

The only spiritual Jews PRESENTLY existing from generation to generation is the "remnant" of Israel but that "part" which has been blinded - or NATIONAL ISRAEL AS A WHOLE will not be saved UNTIL after the events of Romans 11:25-28 which do not happen PRESENTLY but only at the END OF THE AGE with Christ's return from heaven.

All Galatians 3:29 proves is that both ethnic sources have the same basis to be the promised seed of Abraham - BIRTH BY DIVINE PROMISE AND POWER as in the illustration of Isaac! Galatians 3:29 does not make Gentiles to be Jews or Jews to be Gentiles.

You have not been able to give a RATIONAL or REASONABLE answer to the contextual time frame supplied by Paul in Romans 11. The salvation of "them" is always placed in the FUTURE tense while the remnant is always past or PRESENT tense (v. 5) and the FUTURE tense is used consistently up to the word "until" in verse 25! Verse 25 brings us to the END OF THIS AGE not during this present time but when CHRIST COMES THE SECOND TIME.

You have not been able to give a RATIONAL or REASONABLE response the TIME elements in Romans 11 and especially verses 25-28. Indeed you have ignored this evidence every time I have presented it.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

BLINDNESS IN PART UNTIL FULLNESS GENTILES BE COME IN

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

1. The blindneses is in "part"

2. This blindness continues in "part" UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles come in

3. The fullness of the gentils HAVE NOT YET COME IN so this blindness in part continues UNTIL then.

4. This cannot refer to the "remnant" as the "remnant" to do not continue in blindness but are PRESENTLY being saved in every generation (in Elijah's generation 7000 saved, in Paul's generation HE WAS SAVED and others being saved). The "remnant" is not that "part" of Israel that continues in blindness "until" the fullness of the Gentiles be "come in."

5. This refers to that PART of Israel which has been BLINDED in verse 7-9 - or National Israel as a whole or tghe PRIMARY part thus excluding the other part - the remnant part.

6. National Israel as a whole is that PART which has been cut off, dead, blinded, stumbled and is identified in all these verses as "them" and "they" and "their".

7. Every scripture in Romans 11 that speaks of "them" and "they" and "their" reconciliation, restoration, grafing in again, received use the FUTURE tense never the present tense as in the case of the remnant.

8. Romans 11:11-24 uses the FUTURE tense for this "PART" of Israel that will be saved, brought to life, reconciled and the FUTURE tense is used all the way to the words "UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" THEN "all Israel shall be saved" AFTER the deliverer comes out of Zion and AFTER the Deliverer turns the UNGODLINESS from Jacob and AFTER the deliverer removes their sins (vv. 26-27)

Since the fullness of the Gentiles HAS NOT COME IN YET then this "PART" is still in blindness.

Since the Delverer HAS NOT YET COME OUT OF ZION then this "PART" has not been delivered from its blindness or "saved"

Since the Deliver HAS NOT YET COME OUT OF ZION then Jacob has not yet been turned from his UNGODLINESS

Since Jacob has not yet been turned from his UNGODLINESSS then he has not yet been delivered from his sins (v. 27).

Therefore this BLINDED PART are "enemies of the gospel for your sakes" but when Christ comes again they will be saved according to "election" because they are "beloved" of the father's sake - v. 28

Case closed if you are HONEST with God's Word

#22 Dr. Walter, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

You did post that. In Post # 10 you stated:

Now thats a Lie. Now if you are not going to own up to what you have said, then just stay out of the way.

Spiritual Israel is comprised of both Jews and Gentiles, The Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You know this has to be Spiritually, because Gentiles are not the Physical descendants of Abraham. Now if this is Spiritual for Gentiles, then also its Spiritual for the jew !

There is no racial division in Christ.

With your nonsensical interpretation that leaves Paul teaching that there is a Spiritual Seed of Abraham comprised of Both Jews and Gentiles, then another Spiritual Seed of Abraham comprised of only Ethnic Jews ! You see the folly of your interpretation ? And I am threw debating it with you, its apparent God has hid this simple Truth from you and you believe a lie !

Now again, All Physical Jews outside of Christ are not the Children of God. Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

If any jew becomes converted, its because they were chosen in Christ like any gentile and their race plays no factor on why God converted them.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You are the one lying and deceiving as this statement did not say what you charged me with saying! I NEVER SAID THAT SPIRITUAL ISRAEL INCLUDED THE NON-ELECT ISRAELITES but that is what you charged me with saying!

Spiritual Israel consists ONLY of TWICE born Jews and does not consist of any ONCE born Jews - that was my meaning and I made that clear!

Of course I have consistently denied that SPIRITUAL ISRAEL consists of Gentiles - that is no secret but that is not what you charged me with and YOU KNOW IT! You are playing the role of a deceiver and YOU KNOW IT!

My last two post exposes and condemns your error that spiritual Israel consists of Gentiles.

Both spiritual Jews and spiritual Gentiles share the same SECOND BIRTH illustrated by Isaac -Gal. 3:29 but they do not share the same ETHNIC designation "Israel" but they do belong to the same SPIRITUAL family of God and fellow citizens in the Kingdom of God and fellow members in the churches of God.

#24 Dr. Walter, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  5. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Absolute proof that SGB's interpretation is ERROR is that he will not deal with the bulk of the evidence I give in Posts 21-22. At the most, he will take little snippets here and there that do not affect the evidence whatsoever or he will simply IGNORE the evidence.

I challenge him here and now to take the evidence as a whole and peice by peice IF he believes his position is right! I predict he will dodge and run and ignore and make little snippet remarks to distract the readers.

LET SEE if I am right in my predictions!

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rom 11:16

16For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Many commentators seems to reference this verse , the first fruit, and the root as being the Patriarchs i.e Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but I believe this to be a mistake, because these men were not the cause of making others holy, hence this honor must go to Jesus Christ.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ, who according to the flesh, was a Jew, He is the first fruit and He is the root by which others are made Holy which were the Fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Paul is merely pointing back again to the Election of Grace, which means being Chosen in Christ [ Eph 1:4] as that which gives hope to seeing some of kinsmen of the flesh being converted out of this wicked nation that has been cut off.

Paul understood and knew that all ethnic Jews who were elected in Christ before the world began, [ those being foreknown], that these will in Gods good time, be converted to Christ, just as He himself was as a Jew of the tribe of benjamin [ see Rom 11:1-2]

Even when the elect are by nature, dead in sin, they still by election are in Christ, but not yet manifested to be so.

The great mistake of the religion of men today, is that, they teach that one has to meet all these conditions [ faith, repentance, water baptism and ect] before they can get in Christ, but that is a bunch of turkey meat, for those in Christ are chosen in Him before the foundation, and that is what puts an individual into Christ, and believing in Christ is merely the effect, or evidence, or manifestation of that blessed Truth. __________________

7. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Paul is simply taking something from the common practice of Israel to illustrate a specific point.

The first fruits were holy - that is they were set apart unto God as the first part of the harvest in obedience God and in order to obtain the promised blessing of God upon the "lump" or the greater part of what will be harvested in the future, as the first fruits, where the first part of the harvest. Setting apart (holy) the first fruits also set apart the final "lump" or bulk of the harvest yet to be reaped.

Both the firstfruits and the majority of the fruit being harvested proves that the root and branches were equally holy or else they would not have produced firstfruits and final harvest. Hence, the whole tree from root to final harvest is "holy" or set apart unto God.

This tree represents God's purpose of redemption that began with Israel as a nation. Israel as a nation was cut off temporarily as it will be grafted back in again (v. 23). In the mean time during this temporary cutting off the Gentile nations have been grafted in. During this period the firstfruits are the "remnant" of Israel and Gentile converts. When the fullness of the Gentiles be come in, then God will graft back again the Nation of Israel that had been temporarily cut off and then a final harvest will occur of the "bulk" of Israel.

The root refers to Abraham and God's covenant promise with Abraham of a promised seed consisting of Israel as a NATION and a promised seed taken from the NATIONS or Gentiles. The promised seed from the NATIONS are benefactors of Israel and the temporary cutting off of that "part" of the nation of Israel as a whole "bulk".

God has SET APART the root - covenant with Abraham
    God has SET APART the branches - remnant of Israel, the Elect Nation of Israel and gentile elect.
    God has SET APART the harvest now consisting of "firstfruit" - remnant of Israel and Gentile elect.
    God has SET APART the final harvest or "lump" consisting of Elect Nation of Israel as a whole.

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The Irrefutable Evidence of the Tenses in Romans 11

There are three entities designated in Romans 11:

1. Remnant Israel
    2. Israel that has been broken off
    3. Gentiles

The salvation of the "remnant" of Israel is always spoken of in the PRESENT tense. The present tense is used for the remnant in the day of Elijah (vv. 2-3). The PRESENT TENSE is used for the "remnant" in Paul's day (v. 5). In contrast the PRESENT TENSE is used to describe the condition of Israel as a nation as "enemies of the gospel" (v. 28).

The salvation of the Gentiles is always spoken of in the PRESENT tense.

However, in regard to those identified by the pronouns "them" and "they" and "their" in regard to being broken off, cut off, rejected is always in the PAST tense while the receiving, grafting in again, restoration to life of "them" and "their" and "they" who have been broken off, cut off, is always referred to in the FUTURE tense and the only time the word "saved" is used for "Israel" is found in the future tense (v. 26). However, the PRESENT tense is only used of this group to define their PRESENT condition as "enemies of the gospel FOR YOUR SAKES" (v. 28). The PRESENT tense is never used for "them" and "they" and "their" who have been broken off, cut off, rejected to describe their salvation but the PRESENT tense is only used to describe them during the times of the Gentile grafting into the tree as "enemies of the gospel FOR YOUR SAKES" - v. 28

CONCLUSION: The tenses prove that the "remnant" of Israel is not "the Israel" that "shall be" saved AFTER the fullness of the Gentiles be come in - vv. 25-26. The tenses prove that the Gentile elect are not part of the Israel that "shall be saved" AFTER all the elect Gentiles be "come in" - vv. 25-26. The tenses prove that it is what HAS BEEN (past tense) cut off, broken off, rejected that "shall be" grafted in again, received, saved is "Israel" as a nation.

9. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The Mental Gynastics Required by SBG​

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
    10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
    11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
    12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

There can be no doubt that it is the NATION OF ISRAEL AS A WHOLE that has "stumbled" (v. 11) over the "stumblingblock" (v. 9). There can be no doubt that what has "stumbled" is exactly what Paul is denying have "stumbled that they should fall" as he says "GOD FORBID." However, SBG calls Paul a liar and claims the very ones who have stumbled - THE NATION OF ISRAEL - have stumbled without recovery.

Note verse 12 that Paul continues to speak of only that which has fallen "the fall of them" and then speaks of the "FULLNESS" of their recovery from that fall - not a "remnant" but the "FULLNESS" of that which fell - the Nation of Israel as a whole - its FULLNESS! or "ALL Israel shall be saved" - v. 28.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

SBG has to do extreme mental gynastics to make the first "them" mean "the nation of Israel" and the second "them" the remnant of Israel.

FIRST, if he admits that "remnant" Israel is included in the first "them" then he is taking the position that God can and does CAST AWAY the elect!

SECOND, he must take the position that something other than what was cast away is reconciled, received and brought back to life from the dead which makes absolute nonsense of Paul's whole argument that what stumbled and fell shall be received back in "FULLNESS" whereas SBG denies what has fallen will be received back in "FULLNESS" but only in "remnant".

THIRD, it is not only irrational but contrary to the Grammar of any language to claim that the same pronoun "them" used in the same verse means one thing in the first case and another thing in the second case when NO OTHER ANTECEDENT is supplied!!!

This is the kind of mental gynastics one must embrace to avoid the simple, clear and obvious meaning that the Nation of Israel as a WHOLE has stumbled, been broken off and yet in the future shall be restored, received from the dead to its "FULLNESS"!

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Remember, the key to this study, is what Paul says in Rom 9:6

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [Israel of God], which are of Israel [ Nationally]:

Spiritual Israel [ The Election of Grace]

PS 106:4-5

4Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;

5That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.

If scriptures like this one had only meant National Israel, the seed of Abraham according to the flesh [ Rom 9:8a] we would not have any hope, for non jews would have no interest in them at all; However this psalm and many other scriptures of this nature, essentially apply to the Election of Grace [ Rom 11:5], they never did apply in a essential way [ Just typically] to the Lords National People, but they did apply to them figuratively and are fulfilled fully and completely to that Spiritual Israel or Israel of God of whom Paul writes Rom 2:28-29

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal 6:14-16

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Now notice David's request in vs 5 of Ps 106:5

5That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.

What Nation ? 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

What inheritance ? Deut 32:9

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Eph 1:18

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Now is not God's Inheritance in this context those Chosen in Christ [Eph 1:4] before the foundation of the world ? This people is the same Inheritance that belongeth to God in Deut 32:9 For God has only one people as an Inheritance, and that people had been Chosen in the Son of His Love.

Mic 7:18

18Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

The NIV reads:

18 Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.

So David is eying The Spiritual Chosen in Christ, Gods Inheritance, even in the OT times. For David already knew He was part of Israel of the flesh, He was it's King, but He dared not presume upon the Israel of God, Spiritual Israel...

11. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

No! It is your versus my interpretation of Romans 9:6-8 that is being debated. You can't assume your interpetation is correct and then use it as proof that your interpretation is correct! That is circular reasoning!!!! However, that is the kind of nonsense behind all your interpretations.

I knew you could not respond to any of my posts and I predicted you would not. You did exactly as I predicted and that is what you must do when your interpretation is WRONG!

#31 Dr. Walter, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011
  12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

Yes.. All along Paul recognizes Two distinct Israels in Israel. That's National Israel comprised of Abraham's Fleshly Physical descendants, and Spiritual Israel that for the most part was comprised of Abraham's fleshly descendants, difference being they were born of the Spirit Jn 1:12-13 Children of Promise [shall be born of the Spirit]. They were the very small remnant.

Both are Nations of Israel as well ! Numbers is not what makes a Nation, what makes a Nation is God's Purpose. God told Rebekah that Two Nations were in her, and that was so by Two individuals Gen 25:23

And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Both of these children were her Physical descendants in the flesh..

13. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Here is the absurdity of your style of arguing! You can't deal with the actual texts, their grammar, their words and so you go back to just asserting your position as though you did deal with it expecting everyone to ASSUME you did exegete the texts when in fact you did not and could not!

You don't care about evidence! You don't care about anything but one thing and that is to defend your heresies any possible way you can EXCEPT truthfully!

14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

SBG's interpretations are false, his mode of interpretation is eisgetical and the absolute proof is that he has avoided posts 21-22! Why? Because those two posts expose his position as absolute falsehood!

I challenged him before to overturn evidence presented in those two posts and predicted he would ignore them and that is exactly what he continues to do!

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rom 11:17

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

This verse is extremely important, and will show that both ethnic jews and non jews are the Israel of God, or the Israel of Promise, or the Election of Grace.

Paul is here saying, that if some of the branches be broken off [ The rejection of the Nation as a whole ] They were broken off the Israel of Promise [ the Remnant Israel of Grace] and by their being broken off, and other branches from another wild olive tree were grafted in the good olive tree, then that would now make them that were grafted in, the same with those whom they were grafted into with, The Israel of God.

Thats Paul's point in Eph 2:12-19

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

16. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

How can the nation of Israel be broken off "the Israel of Promise"???? Does not that very statement require that prior to being broken off they were ONE together in the same tree?????? If not, then how can they be "broken off" if they were never part of the tree???

Second, Paul has already established that it is precisely what was broken off that will be reconciled, and received back or grafted in "again."

Are you going to say that "remnant" Israel was also broken off with the Nation of Israel as a whole???? They were also rejected by God and therefore they must be grafted back in "again"???

This is the utter nonsense of your intepretation! What you cannot show from this context is that the language used in Romans 10:7-12 is ever used of the "remnant".

That the Gentiles were grafted in is not disputed. That the "remnant" ALWAYS exists in every generation of the Nation of Israel is not disputed

However, your interpretation depends upon changing tenses, changing words, ignoring tenses, ignoring words used by Paul in this context. That sir, is called eisgesis not exegesis.

#36 Dr. Walter, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  17. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Still running! Can't deal with the information below can you! I will tell you what you are doing. You are doing what every cult and every heretic does. When they cannot deal with the OVERALL evidence of a passage they simply dissect one statement or verse at a time in isolation from the rest and then make it mean whatever their little depraved hearts want it to mean. That is the style of interpretation you are adopting here. When I get down to specific words and tense and relationships between verses in a context then you JUMP out of the context and resort to READING INTO this context a scripture you have chosen outside this context. That is your other cultic style of interpretation. Oh yes, and if these two fail you, you just duck your tail and run to the cathedral of total ignoring of the contextual factors and just proceed on your merry little way to the next text to do the same thing all over again. This is your mode of operation and it must be as this is the only mode of operation heretics can operate under and/or those who embrace HALF truths, as in your case.

Again, for the fifth time I present the evidence below - that you just keep on ignoring! Why? Because you have no contextual based answers.

18. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Below is another post you just tuck your tail and run from:

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

Very simple, God is now making a distinct difference between the ethnic jews who belong to the election of grace and those who merely belong to the nation as mere fleshly descendants of Abraham.

There has always been Two Israels in Israel Rom 9:6. Abraham's fleshly descendants who were merely fleshly descendants, like a Ishmael, and then Abraham's fleshly descendants which were Children of Promise like a Isaac. Both were technically Israel.

The very small remnant in Israel was Israel Isa 1:9

9Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

And the rest outside of the very small remnant was Israel.

The Majority of the Nation has always been comprised of the mere fleshly descendants of Abraham, outside of the very small remnant.

Now, the Increase of Israel [ The very small remnant] will be with the grafting in of the Gentiles, Abraham's Spiritual Children from the other Nations, Just as God Promised Gen 17:1-5

1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The adding or grafting in of the Gentile Elect is God fulfilling His Promise to Abraham that He would multiply him greatly in vs 2, this is True because God made Him a Father [Spiritually] of Many Nations, besides the Spiritual Family He would have of His Natural Family, the very small remnant in National Israel.

20. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

So you are admitting that National Israel was included in the tree that your interpretation says represents those "in Christ" as in a previous post you defined the root to be Christ Jesus. Paul says they were branches in this tree and were broken off!!

SBG your interpretative scheme is a mess! When you attempt to interpret scripture to defend a HALF truth you can only defend it the way you have been doing it! You cannot deal with the posts that I continue to repost because your HALF truth simply will not stand up to the FULL TRUTH. Prove me wrong and respond to those posts that I have been reposting over and over again and from which you have been continually ignoring and running from.

You will continue to run and make little snippet remarks as you have done in the post I am answering. You ignored the objection I placed before you BECAUSE IT EXPOSED YOUR INTERPRETATION SCHEME FOR WHAT IT IS - error!

#40 Dr. Walter, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011