1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Common Mistake In Christian Marriages.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Do you believe Apostle Paul was right or wrong in I Timothy 2? Do you not want the Word of God to blow you away? Afraid ... ?

Lol.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

A trollish comment.

3. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Slow down, Big Guy. Tap the brakes. Lol.

Deborah did not teach or lead anyone. She merely vocalized what God told her to say. Are you perhaps unable to distinguish between "teaching" and "prophesy?" Scripture does.

Lol.

4. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Yes, It is simple to follow your thinking, here.

Go ahead and state what you think I have "wrested," and how you think it is my "destruction" to do so. Lol. Step up and deliver what you advertise.

Praise God for His strength he promises to those who serve Him, and His disfavor to those who merely scoff without teaching. Lol. Now that you think you have identified an error, speak up with the truth about I Timothy Ch. 2.

I await your manly leadership, and Godly discernment. Bless you in your work.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm happy for you! Puppies are WONDERFUL! Even if they ARE a lap full! Both of my dogs love mama's lap, but they don't weigh 30 lbs together! :laugh: One is 15 lbs and one is 7 lbs, both spoiled rotten!

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is an offensive statement, and if that is your opinion of the Apostle Paul, I really don't have much time for you.
    I don't assume.
    The Bible says that a woman cannot have authority over a man; that she cannot teach man. Case closed.
    No, and that is why you don't assume. You simply obey the Scriptures.
    Learn the Word, and obey it.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

So would it be reasonable to consider an unmarried individual who's lecturing about marriage a hypocrite?

The refusal to answer is a tell that there's something to hide.

8. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If you do not like any of this, please remember I will not be going to Hell because of your aversive response. As well, if you do indeed like what I am doing here for you, then God will reward me in Heaven for helping to minister to The Body of Christ. Don't we worship and serve a Great God? Yes, We do!

I did not say your words and relationship with your son have "absolutely no effect" on his Faith. I did say in effect his Faith and eternal relationship with God is between God and him. Try not to exaggerate. Thank you.

Yes, Deuteronomy, Proverbs, and Ephesians do give you instructions for your son's upbringing in The Lord, but your son's Salvation is apart from you and your effects upon him. There is no place in Scripture which says a father can ruin the appointed Salvation of any child. God bless your mind and your heart as you learn to accept God's Word for today.[/QUOTE]

1. You are correct that you are not teaching me anything, but you are attempting to teach me something...and the fact that you cannot recognize that is very sad.

2. It is YOU who read between the lines of my post to assume I was saying that I would affect my son's eternal salvation by yelling at him. I simply said i would do long-term damage to his view of God (not eternal, just and undefined long-term...which is definitly possible If I yell at him and tell him untrue things about God for the first 10 years of his life. God may chose to save him despite all my failings, of course.

1. Yes, these verses only speak of quiet influence, but others speak of women prophesying, asking their husbands at home to clarify what they heard at at church, and treat all believers with care and sometimes correction. And so when verses sometimes seem at first glance to conflict, we must use wisdom, and (you guessed it) interpretation! ...so that we don't think that the rest of scripture has no bearing on what a particular passage says.

2. If I had a husband, then treating him with submission would be the least of my worries, since that would mean I was in violation of Romans 1 and some leviticus passges that speak of such things :laugh:

Your views on priscilla are pure speculation, and are not simply declaring God's word to us, as you purport to do, so here you are indeed trying to teach me something.

9. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Not a hypocrite, just a novice in the things which the individual is claiming to have wisdom. A young, unmarried person does not have the maturity of years, wisdom of experience, nor the depth of understanding to teach his/her elders on how a marriage should be properly conducted. It is arrogant for such a person to attempt to teach those of us with successful marriages & adult children how we should conduct ourselves. I can't help but wonder how JoReba would be handled if she attempted such behavior in Christ's day; hiding her true marital identity.

So, you agree that JoReba's refusal to answer is an acknowledgement that she has something to hide. Glad to hear it.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Better said than my post.:thumbsup:

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hint: circumstances/location

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do not bring me into your trolling.

13. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

My wife thinks JoReba is really an unmarried young man who will remain single for quite some time. I will mutually submit to her feminine wisdom on this one. :D

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Quite chatty too!! ;)

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I say your wife is filled with great wisdom....

16. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

She, Nancy, says thank you.

17. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If this is trolling, it has crossed into the area that is disrespectful of Our Lord's name and is offensive.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I fully agree.......

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

20. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

JoReba...

The scripture directly commands you to be submissive and keep silent.

What are you doing "speaking" all over these discussion boards?

#100 Alive in Christ, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.