1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Conversation between a Calvinist and an Amrinian

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Found this convo posted on antother thread (whether it be a real one, I do not know) but it seems to express some of the sentiments I have been trying to express on these boards. Hopefully it will encourage unity among brethren. I am sure it will generate some discussion. How would you answer the questions?

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I've seen this before. It was a conversation between someone and John Wesley, I believe. The someone was an associate of George Whitfield, if I remember correctly.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

This encouraging to read. It reminds me of my Arminian pastor friend who is of the Weslyan persuasion, but sad to say, he believes a saved person can at any time lose his or her salvation.

4. AAA

AAA New Member

The bible does not teacgh that we can lose our salvation, And we know from the bible anyone who preaches another gosple (acts 1:8) is lost.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

AAA, I admire your zeal for the truths of Scripture, but let's bear with each other, even those who believe a person can lose his salvation, for there are several Scriptures that give that impression, but must be studied in light of other texts.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Typical conversation in a Calvinism free will thread.

C: "Are you sure you were ever saved?"

FW: "No, are you sure you were ever saved?"

C: "No, are you sure you were ever saved?"

FW: "No, are you sure you were ever saved?"

C: "No, are you sure you were ever saved?"

FW: etc

C: etc

FW: etc

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The conversation referenced was between Wesley and Charles Simeon ( 1759-1836 ) . It's from Simeon's notes . Wesley's account was a more abridged version .:laugh:

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SN : That kind "conversation" that you kindly mapped out doesn't happen on the BB . That certainly would not even be the gist of the dialog between Calvinists and non-Calvinists . I don't see the point of it . Were you attempting to be funny ?