1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A couple of odd statements about faith.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Allan, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Explain please.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Maybe it was meant as praise. I marvel over my daughter's art work. It doesn't surprise me at all how good she is, but I have that reaction.

Whether or not that's the correct understanding of the passages, I'd still like to know how Jesus could be surprised by someone's faith, or anything else, for that matter.

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

Interesting thoughts. :)

We did touch on that to a degree in post #2 and 4 - as in 'pleasantly surprized', but not to clarification you made which is (as I said) an interesting piece as well. Though I would not be quick to make it such a rendering since it happened more than once and was only stated toward the Gentile believers but never the Jewish believers also had faith in Christ to heal, raise the dead, make the lame, et, et,...

#63 Allan, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  4. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

Because He is Jesus, and there is a lesson to be learned from what he said. Instead of wondering why, how about just accepting that there are different measures of faith and making it your goal to have as much faith as the Gentile in this passage had. I am a naturally curious person, but there is such a thing as over-thinking a point. Sometimes you just need to accept that He is the "I AM", and if He said, He meant it, and that's all you need to know about it.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

Of course there is a lesson to be learned in what He said, THAT is part of the reason I have set forth the whole OP not just this little portion. It is not JUST about that Jesus was amazed, but there is more to it than that.

Besides, how do you know it ISN'T something we can know unless we look at and in to it? I'm not going to just flippantly toss something aside because it disagrees with my beliefs or that at the first glance or two I can't come to an understanding about it. This isn't JUST about Jesus being amazed (which is only a small portion) but more specifically about FAITH and if it is something that God gives then why, and how come.... Thus my Post.