1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a database with the 1769 Oxford KJV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Logos1560, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had been looking for a copy of the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. For awhile, I thought the nearest library to me that was supposed to have a copy was in New York City. This past year, I found that a closer library had one. The internet library search Worldcat did not list this library where I found a copy as having it.

Worldcat indicated that there was a scanned computer edition of the 1769 Oxford KJV. Worldcat indicated that there were only seventeen libraries in the world that had it. The links for it at Worldcat did not work on my computer. I went to a large university library today to see if I could find exactly which database is supposed to have the 1769 Oxford.
    One reference librarian was unable to help me find which database had it.
    This librarian asked another one who thought of something else. Thus, it turned out that this university library had a database that included a 1769 Oxford edition.

One database that has a copy of a 1769 Oxford KJV is
    ECCO--Eighteenth Century Collections Online. It is in four volumes. If a large library has this database available on their computers, you can find a 1769 Oxford on it.