1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A day of prayer week day 7, month 7, day 7, 2007

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All days are a good day for prayer.

(Trying to find "something" that people here will agree with).

I think we may find 7,7,'07 on weekday 7 to be a good day for prayer.

I don't think it will hurt most people -

In the OT times God called the people together at the end of the ceremonial year for a day of prayer and fasting as a "High Sabbath". God appears to like the idea of calling people to prayer and calls us to both everyday prayer times as well as special times of prayer and focus.

in Christ,

Bob

#1 BobRyan, Jul 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sorry Bob, I am not sure what you mean. If as you say (and I agree), all days are good days for prayer, why should 7th July 2007 be any different from any other day? Are you saying that, because in our system of reckoning dates, that day is a date of "all the sevens," it is a good day to choose for a special time of prayer? If so, I am afraid I don't agree with you. But possibly I have misunderstood what you are saying here.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some will take any reason to call for a special day of prayer - others need a rock to strike the house. My argument for special prayer could just as easily have been "because it is Tuesday and it is raining after some time of drought" and I would find Christians willing to take THAT as a reason for a special focus in prayer.

Others "just need a lot more reasons" -- granted.

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I assure you that I was not arguing against having special days or times of prayer. Indeed, I would expect that there will be some Christians, particularly here in the UK, who hold a special day of prayer today (7th July) as it is the second anniversary of the London terrorist attacks. Was that perhaps a reason why you felt 07.07.07 to be a good day for prayer, rather than merely the fact that the numbers of the day, month and year coincide?

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    7-7-7 on the 7th day of the week does not occur again for a 1000 years. I am all in favor of this as "sufficient" to call all men everywhere to prayer. In the end God will not be saying "you guys should not have been praying so much -- "

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I'm afraid you are still misunderstanding me - I am not saying that we should pray less, but more. There is just as much reason for us to pray on 8th July 2007 or 16th December 2008, (or whatever date you care to mention) as there was on 7th July 2007.

Pray without ceasing

(1 Thess 5.17)

7. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

:type:

Bob,

I thought it especially significant that 7-7-7 happened on the 7th day of the week. It could just as easily have been tues or thurs. But it was on the Sabbath (Sat).

Selah,

Tam

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! That will not happen again for a 1000 years.

As I said - any added focus for a day of prayer is always welcome!

in Christ,

Bob

9. bound

bound New Member

Agreed. :praying: