1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A different idea;

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mima, Jun 14, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

Recently a person asked me this question. In considering John 7:38, "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water". Do you believe the term of "living water" used here in this scripture could possibly refer to a "private language"? I ask for time, gimme your answers and I will give him mine.

2. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

When one comes to belief and experiences the mercy and grace of God they are so overcome with gratitude that they from then on share God's word and the gospel of salvation to urge others to do the same!
    I've seen nothing biblical to suggest a 'private language'.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture tells you what Jesus meant in the very next verse. Chap.7 v.39, "But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive...."

As far as what "flows" from the person (it is from the Spirit); the works which God has prepared for them before the beginning of time flow, not a private prayer language which edifies none but self.

peace to you:praise:

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

no, i dont see how it could mean a prayer language.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Canadyjd hit the nail on the head. Context dictates it's the Spirit that indwells us.