1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a double minded man....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Boanerges, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

or organization is unstable in all its ways.

quote:

The Southern Baptist Convention - whose leadership previously condemned Disney for its decision to provide benefits to the companions of gay employees - featured the film on its Web site. The lay-run ministry Catholic Outreach started a "Narnia Outreach" Web site and advertised for church and community workers to promote the film in 150 cities across the country.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10139395/from/RL.3/

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many companies have realized that Christians bring in many dollars to the industry.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would suppose that both Southern Baptists and Romanch Catholics would support the Trinity. Obviously, the SBC is being double minded in this.

I even hear tell that both groups support the Ten Commandments and oppose abortion.

Where will the double-mindedness end?

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I watched the film last nite----took me about .00001 of a second to figure out that the imagery of Narnia "falls short of the glory" of the Lord Jesus Christ!!

I have not stressed the movie from the pulpit---I do not have a 3 point sermon and a poem based on its imagery!

There's no telling how many Christians will be "hoo-dooed" into believeing that that imagery is truth!!!

Bro. David

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I watched the film last nite----took me about .00001 of a second to figure out that the imagery of Narnia "falls short of the glory" of the Lord Jesus Christ!!

"I have not stressed the movie from the pulpit---I do not have a 3 point sermon and a poem based on its imagery!

There's no telling how many Christians will be "hoo-dooed" into believeing that that imagery is truth!!!

Bro. David "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like one of your sermons falls short of the glory of God? Or just like one of the Choir's songs falls short of the glory of God? I is just a story silly. It is not supposed to be truth anymore than a picture of Christ being baptised is true, but it reminds us of the Glory. It is a work of Art and it is one that points to the glorious God we worship. I think you were expecting to much. I think you got Hoo-dooed. You would have enjoyed it if you had not demanded so much from it.

[ December 17, 2005, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Bunyon ]

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

I recently read the book, and while it had similarities, I saw nothing that points anyone to God. If someone unfamiliar with scripture read or saw Narnia where would you expect them to see anything about God in it? Similarities mean nothing apart from scripture. And why would Christians support witchcraft in any movie or book for themselves or their children?
    It may be 'just' a story, but people put too much stock into it, look to it and hold it up as Christan, when in fact it is not. And you know yourself some can not separate facts (scripture) from fantasy (Narnia, or any other thing that comes along). One reason someone might 'demand' so much of it is because it is being touted by so many christians as a christian story.

7. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

So, are people fleeing the SBC? Just wondering.