1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Few Sabbath Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Chowmah, the saved ALREADY ARE brought <<to the 1000yr period of rest>>. Really for the past 2,000 years!

And His Holy Mountain has been with us all along in the Good News of Jesus Christ God's Son. Faith shall move mountains and God disappointed not our prayers. In fact, Christ came as the Answer to our prayers even before we asked the Father!

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hey GE. Take a look at these scriptures.

1COR.15 [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and WE SHALL BE CHANGED.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY.

ISAIAH 25 [8] HE WILL SWALLOW UP DEATH IN VICTORY; and the Lord GOD will WIPE AWAY TEARS from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.[9] And it shall be said IN THAT DAY, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

“In that day” = death is swallowed up in victory {only happens once}. So Isaiah and 1Cor.15 are speaking of the same event.

ISAIAH 2 [11] The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted IN THAT DAY. [12] For THE DAY OF THE LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

“In that day” = The Day of the Lord {after the tribulation}

ISAIAH 27 [12] And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and YE SHALL BE GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O YE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. [13] And it shall come to pass IN THAT DAY, that the GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

“In that day” = Great trumpet blown & Gods people gathered {twinkling of an eye} & brought to Jerusalem. GE, thats when the kingdom is set up

ISAIAH 26 [1] IN THAT DAY shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.........[17] Like as a WOMAN WITH CHILD, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD. [18] We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. [19] THY DEAD MEN SHALL LIVE, TOGETHER WITH MY DEAD BODY SHALL THEY ARISE. AWAKE AND SING, YE THAT DWELL IN DUST: FOR THY DEW IS AS THE DEW OF HERBS, AND THE EARTH SHALL CAST OUT THE DEAD.

Isaiah 26 {in that day} {woman with child} {Thy dead men shall live}
    1Thes4-5 {Day of the Lord} {woman with child} {The dead in Christ shall rise}

1 THES. 4 [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    1 THES. 5 [1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION cometh upon them, as travail upon a WOMAN WITH CHILD; and they shall not escape.

Its right there in the scriptures GE. Thats when the kingdom is established. If it was already here i guess ive wasted my time saying the Lords prayer. "Thy kingdom come"

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

Chowman,
    Walk me through your definition of;
    1. Statutes
    2. Ordinances
    3. Commandments
    4. Law

You can start by briefly defining each, and give your rationale later

4. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

LUKE 1 [5] There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. [6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all THE COMMANDMENTS AND ORDINANCES of the Lord blameless.

The 10 commandments AND the ordinances. OK. Theres the 10 commandments and there are ordinances. They are obviously separate from one another

COL.2 [14] Blotting out THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Jesus blotted out ONLY the handwriting of those ordinances. Definately not the 10 commandments. Jesus blotted out the meat and drink offerings in respect to the holy days, new moons and the sabbath days.

EPHESIANS 2 [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; [15] Having ABOLISHED IN HIS FLESH the enmity, even the law of COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

See! Jesus abolished only the commandments {the handwriting} contained in the ordinances

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Theres the meat and drink offerings for the sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of.

EZEKIEL 46 [6] And in the day of the NEW MOON it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish. [7] And he shall prepare a MEAT OFFERING, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

The meat offering for the new moon that was spoken of in Col.2 [16].

LEVITICUS 23 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

In all the feast days (holy days) meat and drink offerings were written into the laws of commandments contained in the ordinances. The above scripture points out the holy day of passover when Jesus was crucified.

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Once again, the 1st covenant had ordinances which stood only in meat and drinks

6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

EXODUS 12 [11] And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [12] For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. [13] And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. [14] And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it A FEAST BY AN ORDINANCE FOR EVER.

Theres one of the feast days (holy days) which are to be kept by ordinance. The Lords passover

NUMBERS 28 [16] And in the fourteenth day of the first month is THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD. [17] And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten. [18] In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein: [19] But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire for a burnt offering unto the Lord; two young bullocks, and one ram, and seven lambs of the first year: they shall be unto you without blemish: [20] And their MEAT OFFERING shall be of flour mingled with oil: three tenth deals shall ye offer for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram; [21] A several tenth deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout the seven lambs: [22] And one goat for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you. [23] Ye shall offer these beside the burnt offering in the morning, which is for a continual burnt offering. [24] After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the Lord: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his DRINK OFFERING.

Here we see the Lords passover and the meat and drink offering which are in the handwriting of that ordinance

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary...... [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Once again. Jesus fulfilled that portion of the law. No more animal meat and drink offerings but now the blood of Christ

JOHN 6 [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

#46 Chowmah, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Will the many listen come the Day of the Lord?

ISAIAH 24 [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, CHANGED THE ORDINANCE, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Nope. The many will continue to claim the "ordinance" to be Gods 10 commandments

8. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

By the way

HEBREWS 10 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect

Those meat and drink offerings {sacrifices} were the shadow of Christ. Not the 4th commandment.

9. vooks

vooks Active Member

chowman,
    The question again
    Briefly define COMMANDMENTS,STATUTES,ORDINANCES,LAW

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hi vooks. Therein lies the problem. What you wrote is not a question but more of a commandment.

11. vooks

vooks Active Member

You can't or you won't?
    Adventists and other Sabbath cultists are taught the distinction between these but they are so baseless and outrightly stupid that they dare not discuss them with 'outsiders'

So Chowman, I don't expect you to even attempt to thoroughly embarrass yourself. BobRyan made a fool of himself so many times till he lost his mind...that's what happens when the Hammer that is the Word of God crushes your puny semantics

12. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

OK vooks. Ill go slow for ya. Today we will do the commandments

MATTHEW 19 [16]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

These are the words of Jesus. Do you see all those thou shalts? Thats the 10 commandments. Believe Him vooks

13. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The scripture below will help you in your studies of the 10 commandments. So grab some warm milk {you are a milk drinker} and some gummy bears and study the scriptures i sent. If theres something you dont understand just let me know. Its really very simple.

DEUT.4
    [13] And he declared unto you HIS COVENANT, which he commanded you to perform, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The 10 commandments are a separate covenant apart from the rest of the law. After your studys remember to turn of the light and may you have sweet dreams

#53 Chowmah, Jun 28, 2015
  14. vooks

vooks Active Member

I had asked that you define the terms briefly and then explain later.
    Matthew 19:16 does not prove that Ten Commandments are what the term COMMANDMENTS encompasses. It only proves that the Ten are INCLUDED in the term.

For instance,
    Matthew 22:35-40 (ESV)
    35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

The greatest two Commndments are not the ten. This means there is more to the term COMMNDMENTS than the Ten

Mark 9:9-14 (ESV)
    9 And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! 10 For Moses said, Honor your father and your mother’; and, Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 11 But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)— 12 then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, 13 thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”

Jesus lambasts some guys for rejecting the commandment. He then gives examples of commandments. One is among the Ten (Ex 20:12) and the other is not among the Ten (Exodus 21:17)

And finally,
    Mark 10:2-5 (KJV)
    2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
    3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
    4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
    5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

Am sure you are about to shout, that's a 'precept' not a COMMANDMENT!
    Let me help you. The Greek is entolē
    You can read all about it here. All I can tell you is, the same word is used in Matthew 22:38 quoted above for COMMANDMENT

#54 vooks, Jun 28, 2015
  15. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Word "command" in Mark 10
    Greek Word: ἐντέλλω
    Transliteration: entellō Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Word "commandment" found in Matt.19
    Greek Word: ἐντολή
    Transliteration: entolē Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

2 different greek words

Im done playin your word games. You try to decieve

16. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

But i do thank you for telling me to look into the word "entole"

LUKE 18 [20] Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

The translated word for commandments in the above scripture is “entole”. As you can see its the 10 commandments. No doubt about it.

1 Corinthians 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

The translated word for commandments in 1Cor.7 is again “entole”

MATTHEW 19 [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The translated word for commandments in Matthew 19 is “entole”. Again the 10 commandments.

1 JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

The translated word for commandments in 1 John 5 is “entole”. Same exact word used in Luke and again in Matthew. Yup, Gods very own ten commandments.

HEBREWS 11 [22] By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave COMMANDMENT concerning his bones.

entellomai,;from Greek 1722 (en) and the base of Greek 5056 (telos); to enjoin :- (give) charge, (give) command (-ments), injoin. Not the 10 commandments, but a simple command.

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, keep my COMMANDMENTS. [16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

These commandments are translated from the word “entole”. Same “entole” you find in Luke and again in Matthew. Gods 10 commandments.

REVELATION 22 [14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The word commandments found in Rev.22 is in the greek the word entole. Pretty simple to figure out what the greek word "entole" means.

Revelation 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Once again the translated word for commandments in Rev.14 is “entole”. Gods 10 commandments

Thanks vooks

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

Chowman,
    I just quoted Matthew 22:38 and you claim I gave you Matthew 19? What weed are you smoking that gives you the temerity to misquote me?

Matthew 22:36-40 King James Version (KJV)
    36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38 This is the first and great commandment.
    39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

What is the Greek for the word COMMANDMENT here? entolē for the first two but entolais which means entolē=entolais

Where else do we find the EXACT word?
    Ephesians 6:1 (KJV)
    Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;

entolē

This tells me that entolē is a term not restricted to the Ten because in Matthes 22:38-40, the term is used for something other than the Ten. The greatest 2 are not among the Ten

#57 vooks, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  18. vooks

vooks Active Member

Mark 10:5 (KJV)
    And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept

Here is the interlinear of that verse
    http://biblehub.com/interlinear/mark/10-5.htm
    The word is entolēn or ἐντολὴν

And ALL its appearances
    http://biblehub.com/greek/entole_n_1785.htm
    The same word is used of one of the Ten Commandments here;
    Matthew 15:3 (KJV)
    But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

So DIVORCE is entolēn just as are the Ten Commandments, which means Commandments are not just the Ten unless you insist divorce is part of the Ten.

Now, quote your 'talking Strong' sources just like I did

#58 vooks, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You don't keep the Sabbath do you Chow?

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Yes DHK i do my best to keep Gods sabbath