1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Few Sabbath Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The greatest 2 are the 10. The greatest 2 speak of love. How do we love uh...cording to the new testament?

1JOHN 5 [2] By this WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3] For THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and his commandments are not grievous.

To love the children of God, we are to keep the commandments

2JOHN1 [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER.[6] And THIS IS LOVE, THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Love one another. Keep the commandments

JAMES 2 [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

ROMANS 13 [8] Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, Thou shalt not bear false witness, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I decided to show the scripture of James 2 and Romans 13 which explain to us how we are to show our love for one another because im sure the next thing i hear is that it is not the 10 commandments being mentioned. But as you can see in these scriptures, adultry killing, stealing, bearing false witness, covetness are mentioned. And i suppose i will hear you say that since the “keeping of the sabbath” is not mentioned or “thou shalt have no other gods before me" is not mentioned these commandments can be ignored.

JOHN 15 [8] Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.[9] As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.[10] IF YE KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, ye shall abide in my love; even as I HAVE KEPT MY FATHER'S COMMANDMENTS, AND ABIDE IN HIS LOVE.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is something I wrote up in another post:
    Do you use electricity?
    Do you drive a car?
    Do you get a haircut every week? :laugh::laugh:

Then accordingly you are not keeping the Sabbath.

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Do you use electricity? yes
    Do you drive a car? yes
    Do you get a haircut every week? no

Im glad it will not be you who judges me on the way i keep the sabbath

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The site I found is how the Jews today keep the Sabbath.
    What you need to do is (like they did), go to the OT. Find all the rules and regulations pertaining to the Sabbath and then apply them to today. I have posted a link on many of these threads to that site.
    For example, why was a boy stoned simply for picking up sticks on the Sabbath day?
    The sticks were to be used for fuel. What is our source for fuel? Electricity, Gas (of any kind). It would be against the Sabbath to turn on a switch to use electricity, to plug in an appliance and run it. Apply that which is stated to modern day technology. Electricity would be banned.
    So would the use of a car because of the use of fuel and the way that the fuel is used in the engine.
    When the Sabbath day starts (Friday evening, to avoid the picking up of a stick, a match is lit before sunset, and candles) are lit. They cannot go out. Matches cannot go be lit again. That is labor.

Work it all out according to the OT.
    Going to church on a Saturday is not keeping the Sabbath.
    The Sabbath, for the Jews was a very long drawn out form of worship with a very detailed liturgy including a specific type of a meal on Friday evening.

You don't keep the Sabbath. The Sabbath is for the Jews and for their generations forever. All that you do is play games. You say you keep the Sabbath by perhaps going to church. That is not keeping the Sabbath; that is being a hypocrite.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It will not be I who judges you "the way you get saved" either.

6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Yeah. We are not to kindle a fire on the sabbath

EXOD.35 [2] Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.[3] Ye shall KINDLE NO FIRE throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Kindle no fire. Ya think this might be a parable DHK? After all, common sense should tell ya that some of Gods people might be in the colder regions of the world. They might have to start a fire to stay warm or cook some food.

PROVERBS 26 [20] WHERE NO WOOD IS, THERE THE FIRE GOETH OUT: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.[21] As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to KINDLE STRIFE. [22] The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

Seems so. Seems to have something to do with the words you speak.

JAMES 3 [4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.[5] EVEN SO THE TONGUE IS A LITTLE MEMBER, AND BOASTETH GREAT THINGS. BEHOLD, HOW GREAT A MATTER A LITTLE FIRE KINDLETH![6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.[7] For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Yup. Once again the old and the new mesh {is that a word?}

JER.17 [26] And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD.[27] But IF YE WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO ME TO HALLOW THE SABBATH DAY, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; THEN WILL I KINDLE A FIRE in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

How many times and how many ways must the Lord tell us to keep His sabbath day before we will believe Him?

EZEKIEL 20 [47] And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I WILL KINDLE A FIRE IN THEE, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: THE FLAMING FLAME shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. [48] AND ALL FLESH SHALL SEE THAT I THE LORD HAVE KINDLED IT: it shall not be quenched. [49] THEN SAID I, AH LORD GOD! THEY SAY OF ME, DOTH HE NOT SPEAK PARABLES?

I Guess by the time God kindles His fire all flesh shall know He kindled it. But.. to late for many.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
    Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
    --The Sabbath was given to Israel and their generations as a covenant forever. It was never given to the Gentiles--never.
    It was given at a time when Israel had just become a theocracy under God. God had always intended to be Israel's God: Jehovah. He would lead them to the Promised Land. And eventually they got there. The Sabbath Day was to be worshiped by Israel, and in their Promised Land where they would settle. Dispersion from that land was not God's plan. The disobedience of Israel was not God's plan.

A few hours north of where I live is the land of the midnight sun. It was not God's will that the Jews live there, neither can the Sabbath be kept there where, in some places there are six months daylight and six months darkness. Observation of the Sabbath is a bit difficult isn't it?

It is God's will for the Jews to live in the land He gave them which is still somewhat bigger than where they are living now. There they can live without electricity if need be. They have been doing so for centuries, and still do as that site describes. The very fact that many Jews do so demonstrates that the Sabbath is not for Gentile believers as yourself.
    Totally irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the Sabbath.
    You are the contentious person here because you want to do something that is not for you. That is the definition of covetousness. It is sin.
    Then when you say you are doing something and you are really not doing it, that is the definition of hypocrisy. It also is sin.
    I simply posted what the Sabbath truly was or what it involved. You are offended. The verse above has nothing to do with the Sabbath.

What is the context of Jeremiah 17:26ff?
    It is a historical account beginning with the reign of Jehoiachim. Nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath. It is history, not relevant commands.
    The history of Israel does not give NT believers any command to keep the Sabbath. There is as much authority in the scriptures you are giving as there is to sacrifice goats on the Day of Atonement. Do you do that too?

Again, nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath.
    But the Jews were not allowed to winnow their wheat on the Sabbath. That is one prohibition. They could not winnow wheat. How would you apply that in today's modern society? Those are the questions you must ask yourself.

Also, in what you wear: Do you wear clothing of all the same kind: all wool, all linen? You shall not wear diverse kinds of clothing. It is a matter of separation.

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

Chowman,
    Why are you ignoring this?

Mark 10:5 (KJV)
    And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept

Here is the interlinear of that verse
    http://biblehub.com/interlinear/mark/10-5.htm
    The word is entolēn or ἐντολὴν

And ALL its appearances
    http://biblehub.com/greek/entole_n_1785.htm
    The same word is used of one of the Ten Commandments here;
    Matthew 15:3 (KJV)
    But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

So DIVORCE is entolēn just as are the Ten Commandments, which means Commandments are not just the Ten unless you insist divorce is part of the Ten.

Now, quote your 'talking Strong' sources just like I did

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pages and pages full of 'Christian' one-sided judgmentalism and sugercoated hate and despising for God to read, because no Christian in his right mind will!

#69 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pages and pages full of one-sided 'Christian' judgementalism and sugar-coated hatred and despising for God to read, because no Christian in his right mind will or can!

Such are the last days stakes and gallows for Sabbath Day believing Christians.

#70 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
  11. vooks

vooks Active Member

Only lunatics and Sabbatarians still cling to Saturday worship as a 'test' of anything in these last days. I can imagine an ISIS thug trying to go through his captives sabbath dispositions, and with repeated Allahu Akbar, beheading Sabbatarians but letting the Sunday worshippers free

It is therapeutic because it makes them feel special and their sabbath idol definitely loves the worship.

The kingdom will have truly come when believers will understand that YHWH is INDIFFERENT to days,one is as good as the other.

PS:
    Has it ever occurred to you how cultists invent all sorts of 'tests' for measuring the authenticity of your faith? Jehovah's witnesses swear only those using the name Jehovah are true Christians,Adventists insist only Saturday keepers are real Christians, Mary Eddy Baker has her test. Am sure Gehard, though cursed with zero adherents,has his test; Saturday resurrection garbage. You believe that and the largest mansion in heaven is all yours.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a Sabbath believing Christian, so help me God

And I as this Sabbath believing believer in Christ Jesus have been telling you Sabbath believing Christians haters, That Paul wrote the mighty chapters of Romans 10 and Galatians 3 with the Fourth Commandment in mind, actually quoting from it,

“The man which doeth those things shall [command!] live by them!” Romans 10:5
    “The just shall [command!] live by faith ... The man that doeth these things shall [command!] live in them!” Galatians 3:12.

I am the one who will point it out to you resisters of God’s Law, that Paul builds his whole antithesis between righteousness of grace by faith, and righteousness by works of the Law, upon the Sabbath Commandment as THAT Law of God “that the man which doeth these things, SHALL LIVE BY IT".

I am telling you ---you haven’t told me--- this, that Paul taught concerning the Sabbath Commandment of all Commandment of God, that “CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVES”.

I have been telling you this for YEARS; you could not teach me anything with regard to the sovereign free grace wherewith and wherein God eternally saves his elect WITHOUT THE LAW. NOT BY HIS OWN WRITTEN AND ETERNAL LAW BUT THROUGH CHRIST JESUS ONLY, DOES GOD SAVE.

I have been telling the Sabbatharians the SAME as for the Sundayists, and they ---Sabbath just like Sundayers--- have REJECTED everything all these years, which only meant, that if there is ONE LAW of God which proves Salvation by Grace, it is the Sabbath Commandment.

Paul proves it. Salvation itself proves it. GOD, swore it!

“For there is NO DIFFERENCE between the Jew and the Greek: for the SAME LORD over ALL is rich (in grace and all mercies) unto : THEM : THAT CALL UPON HIM”---presupposing their observance of the SABBATH COMMANDMENT directly referred to and quoted from in these great chapters the manifest of Christian Faith.

Now follows on the continuation of exactly THIS same A PRIORI Commandment the Fourth Commandment IN THE LIFE OF THE NEW TESTAMENT APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST, verses 13 to 21.
    Yes, IN them!

“But they have not all obeyed THE GOSPEL”!— It was not that they disobeyed the Sabbath Commandment or the DAY it commands for to “preach the Gospel”, for to “bring glad tidings” for to “hear the Word of God”, but that they disobeyed “the WORD OF GOD” spoken to them. They disobeyed “CHRIST THE END OF THE SABBATH COMMANDMENT”! “Today, when you heard his Voice” which as it happened and as it stands written, was the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD'S VOICE proclaimed and heard!

But will you people hear?

No, all you ALL, can, and all you ALL, want to do, is SCOFF.

The most mysterious is, that you Sundayers, find Sunday-sacredness in Scriptures LIKE THIS?! Incomprehensible, unbelievable, astonishing!

God help us!

#72 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
  13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Listen! Hear! The shout, "Let their blood be upon us! Crucify the lunatics! The ISIS thugs! The Sabbatarians!"

How becoming of a <real Christian>.

How becoming of Jesus Christ?

O God, forgive them, they don't know what they are doing.

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

There is NOTHING sacred about Sunday nor Saturday, or any day. Ascribing sanctity to those days is purely discretionary and it least affects God so long as both are done to the Lord

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

If you regarded Tuesday instead of Saturday, it would not bother me. If you regarded Monday and Friday, that would be well with me seeing it is well with Holy Spirit.

It is Saturday keepers who HATE with passion those who don't keep Saturday together with them. They are not satisfied with their Saturday convictions, they want to impose it on others, and they call those who are not convinced marked for hell. Saturday keepers are the vilest bigots under the sun. And here they completely ignore Romans 14:5-6. They have little regard for Paul

#74 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
  15. vooks

vooks Active Member

Stop your theatrics, ain't you too old for that? I figure you as a man above 60 years and here you are engaging in childish pranks.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    wrongly attached please cancel 'cancel' button not working

#76 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
  17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

From Chowmah with love to DHK and with love from me, GE, to you, Vooks . . .

"PROVERBS 26 [20] WHERE NO WOOD IS, THERE THE FIRE GOETH OUT: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.[21] As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to KINDLE STRIFE. [22] The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly."

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What is sacred about "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD" and about no other day, is that which happened on it, with it and to it— the most sacred, holy and glorious work of God— that “in The Seventh Day God finished, and from all his works rested”— “having RAISED CHRIST from the dead by the all-exceeding greatness of his Power which He wrought IN CHRIST WHEN HE RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD AND RESTED HIM UP: His Heavenly Majesty: AT HIS OWN RIGHT HAND.”

19. vooks

vooks Active Member

Digressing

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting point thanks for sharing that.

I have seen a number of attempts to "kindle fire" in camp sites using little more than "two sticks" and that ... is a lot... of work. Can take an hour or so ... not fun at all.

Certainly not "worship".

:)

in Christ,

Bob