1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A former psychiatrist comments on Ft Hood

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Nov 14, 2009.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

GO HERE

I hope this topic hasn't already exhausted itself on this forum..... but I am concerned at how easily we can hear an issue, debate it to the brink of exhaustion, then receive the programing of major media and forget the points we covered. Like wise, though some on this board, including myself, may express some experience in this area of specialized studies.... it remains a fact that no-one on this board has identified themselves as having the creditials of specialized practice.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "that no-one on this board has identified themselves as having the creditials of specialized practice."

Well I will come out of the closed. "I am a quack." :laugh: What else do you want made up to cover up evil?

The doc hit the nail on the head as far as I can see. :thumbs:

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

NEWS UPDATE HERE Recent account puts another police officer in the spotlight for bringing down Hasan.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Windcatcher, what is your point? I am not sure I am getting you in the OP.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

MSM is still reporting /suggesting, a mental imbalance in this doctor which led him to kill. I've had 22 years working with emotionally/mentally ill population and another poster in another thread alluded to a recent training experience in what sounded like an acute setting. Each of us have a different perspective regarding this doctors motivations or lack of control..... basing it upon our own experience with psychotic individuals, but neither of us come to this forum with expert credentials.

As it appears the public may be fed the idea that this doctor was psychotic or emotionally imbalanced by MSM, I present this opinion piece to reinforce by a person with credientials the greater likelihood that this doctor was not psychotic. He was acting out of his roots in islam which has no repulsion to such acts and rewards people which do such deeds as heroes. As insane as such acts appear to us, does not remove the sanity of the perpetrator who acted on behalf of his religion with deliberation and carried out his attack.