1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A fundamental premise of the big lie is extraterrestrial aliens exist apart from God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alfred Persson., Jan 23, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Alcott

Watch this old movie trailer for Robinson Caruso on Mars. At around 3:17 to 4 minutes (especially at 3:36-39) you see the spacecraft. This is almost identical to how this object moved, from a dead stop to incredible speed instantaneously. It kinda gives me the creeps just watching this, as it brings back the memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaHJvF59Fg

#21 Winman, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your explanation is very similar to my beliefs about UFO's. They're all explainable without resorting to the supernatural.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe what, exactly?

Where does your belief fall on a scale consisting of these endpoints?

Demons are piloting physical spacecraft that can perform aeronautical maneuvers that break the laws of physics.

OR

UFO's are man-made aircraft but Satan is using the mystery surrounding them to cause confusion and sow belief in extraterrestrial aliens.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have. I have also found it curious that as more and more people walk around with cameras, video cameras, camcorders, cell phones with cameras, etc. the number of photos of UFO's has just about fallen off the radar. (pun intended.)

5. Alfred Persson.

Alfred Persson. New Member

It fits the data:

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    (Rev 12:7-9 KJV)

After God casts these angels out, they land on earth pretending to be ufo aliens, claiming they seeded the Cambrian strata with life...and mankind with belief in God and the human soul...

The falling away is the entire earth believing the lie, it comes first so that the Antichrist can rise, and he won't be representing former religions, such as Christianity, he is the Christ of a new god, a god of forces, a new god unknown to mankind, and he will claim its power makes him God:

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
    4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2Th 2:3-4 NKJ)

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
    37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
    38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
    39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain. (Dan 11:36-39 KJV)

This is where alien ufos back the new world religion with their technology, they are the "god of forces".

At the beginning of the final eschatological week, there is war in heaven and Satan and crew are cast out. Then the Antichrist rises and for the first part of the week he makes a covenant with all the religions of the world, Babylon the Great, who agree to follow him because he is doing miracles, and apparently the alien ufos are with him.

That is when Babylon falls into total apostasy from God, to profess faith in the Antichrist as God, and they all become "contactees," having familiar spirits, communing with demons, the false prophets of the antichrist spirits

KJV 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1Ti 4:1 KJV)

KJV 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1Jo 4:1 KJV)

It is because Babylon has fallen and become the house of demons:

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (Rev 18:2 KJV)

So the great delusion is the message the "god of forces" will bring with him, when Satan's stars (fallen angels) are cast out of heaven, and land on earth---as ufo aliens claiming to be a race of scientists who seeded life on earth and gave it its belief in God and the human soul.

THAT is the falling away that affects Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc...they all see the aliens, and believe the earths religions are all obsolete...all sacrifice and offering to God ceases...the entire earth promises to follow the new gods whom their fathers did not know, the god of forces...the ufo aliens and their representative, the Antichrist, a human/angel hybrid possessed by the Devil.

They seek to change "times and laws", everything:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Dan 7:25 KJV)

But then the True God, jealous for His Name, will take them down:

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
    27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. (Dan 7:26-27 KJV)

6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Believe what, exactly?

Where does your belief fall on a scale consisting of these endpoints?
    I don't understand what you mean here.

Demons are piloting physical spacecraft that can perform aeronautical maneuvers that break the laws of physics.
    Yes.

OR

UFO's are man-made aircraft but Satan is using the mystery surrounding them to cause confusion and sow belief in extraterrestrial aliens."
    No. I don't believe that Satan needs anything that "man" could produce to satisfy his purposes. But then again, man produces whiskey and Satan uses it for his purposes. Could Satan build some type of flying machine for his purpose..., you got me. If for sure UFO's are under the control of Satan then I suppose he could.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    this is pathetic.....

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sorry, I just don't see how you make the leap from Revelation 12.7-9 to the fallen angels "landing on earth pretending to be ufo aliens, claiming they seeded the Cambrian strata with life...and mankind with belief in God and the human soul..."

Wherever in the bible do you get the idea of the Antichrist coming to earth with technology and alien UFOs?

Sorry, but I do not see any of those bible verses saying anything about becoming "contactees" of aliens in their UFOs.

Are you saying that Satan and the other fallen angels are still in heaven at the present time? And how do you know that these fallen angels will come "as ufo aliens claiming to be a race of scientists who seeded life on earth and gave it its belief in God and the human soul"?

Again, how do you know that Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. will "all see the aliens, and believe the earths religions are all obsolete"? As far as Christians are concerned, they know (because God tells them so in His Word) that nothing can separate them from the love of their Saviour, or pluck them from His hand.

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Ro 8:38-39)
    And Jesus said:

""My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand." (John 10:27-29)

Also, what is the biblical basis for your statement that the Antichrist s the representative of UFO aliens, a human/angel hybrid?

Unless you can show from the bible that these things are true, they are, at best, mere speculation.

#28 David Lamb, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I ask why this is pathetic?

10. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm supprised by the number of people who believe UFO's are part of some great deception purpetrated by Satan.

First there are many things that occur in nature that we still don't understand.

Second, People who want to see something will see it.

Third, People who don't understand what they see immediately attempt to catalogue it. After all thats how our brain works.

Fourth, we are all lead away by our own sin and imaginations. All satan can do is tempt. And it seems to me he has to do precious little to tempt.

I don't think angels are wasting their time with UFO's. Just like I don't think angels waste their times with ghost. I don't believe in either however I believe other people do and will see them simply because they believe in them. However, people are just afraid as listing something as an unkown phenominon. Its like that "show" on sci fi ghost hunters. a bunch of people scaring themselves over natural events such as a simple draft. Nonsense.

11. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I'm supprised by the number of people who believe..."

Anytime someone sees something flying in the air for which they can not identify it translates to being "Unidentified" until further notice.

"...UFO's are part of some great deception purpetrated by Satan."

I really don't know one way or the other if UFO's, Bigfoot, ET's, Sea Monsters or images collected on film while the "Ghost Hunters" are investigating an alleged haunted house is real or not.

I am however going to be open-minded enough to accept the fact that Satan has awesome power at his disposal to fulfill his work here on earth. The only way Satan can over-come us (in my opinion) is through our minds. One thing for sure is we don't know and hopefully one day the Lord will make it all perfectly clear to us.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just want to make sure I understand you.

You believe that UFO's are actual spacecraft that are being driven around in space and earth's atmosphere by demons. Is that correct?

13. Alfred Persson.

“on the wings of abomination he comes desolating.” עַל כָּנָף can, without ingenuity, be rendered in no other way than on wings. שִׁקּוּצִים signifies not acts of abomination, but objects of abomination, things causing abomination, and is constantly used of the heathen gods, idol-images, sacrifices to the gods, and other heathen abominations. The connection of שִׁקּוּצִים permits us, however, with Reichel, Ebrard, Kliefoth, and Kranichfeld, to think on nothing else than that wings (כָּנָף) are attributed to the שִׁקּוּצִים. The sing. כְּנַף does not oppose this, since it is often used collectively in a peculiar and figurative meaning; cf. e.g., בַּעַל כָּנָף, Prov. 1:17, with בַּעַל כְּנָפַיִם, Eccles. 10:20, the winged, the bird; and כְּנַף הָאָרֶץ (from the uttermost part of the earth), Isa. 24:16, is not different from כַּנְפֹות הָאָרֶץ, Job 37:3; 38:13, just as אֶבְרָה, wing, plumage, Ps. 91:4, Deut. 32:11, is found for אֶבְרֹות (wings), Ps. 68:14. But from such passages as Deut. 32:11, Ex. 19:4, and Ps. 18:11, we perceive the sense in which wings are attributed to the שִׁקּוּצִים, the idolatrous objects.82 In the first of these passages (Deut. 32:11), wings, the wings of an eagle, are attributed to God, because He is the power which raises up Israel, and lifting it up, and carrying it throughout its history, guides it over the earth. In P. 18 wings are attributed to the wind, because the wind is contemplated as the power which carries out the will of God throughout the kingdom of nature. “Thus in this passage wings are attributed to the שִׁקּוּצִים, idol-objects, and to idolatry with its abominations, because that shall be the power which lifts upwards the destroyer and desolater, carries him, and moves with him over the earth to lay waste” (Klief.).83

Keil, C. F., & Delitzsch, F. (2002). Commentary on the Old Testament. (Da 9:27). Peabody, MA: Hendrickson.

(Klief.).83
    Similarly, and independently of Kliefoth, Kranichfeld also explains the words: “The powerful heathen enemy of God is here conceived of as carried on (עַל) these wings of the idol-abomination, like as the God of the theocracy is borne on the wings of the clouds, and on cherubim, who are His servants; cf. Ps. 18:11; 104:3.”

Keil, C. F., & Delitzsch, F. (2002). Commentary on the Old Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson.

14. Alfred Persson.

Yes

I argue the church has misunderstood the scriptures about angels, she has accepted incorrect Greek philosophical views about reality, that prevent her from seeing this correctly.

Scripture says there are two realms of existence, one is the MEROS (partial), the other the TELEIOS (complete) 1 Cor 13:10. These are alternate realities....and the inhabitants of both are physical...otherwise how could Jesus sit on His throne, physically, or Moses and Elijah and Enoch, be there also?

Consider the resurrection appearances of Christ, He enters and leaves our MEROS, at will:

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
    10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
    11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (Act 1:9-11 KJV)

KJV John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    (Joh 20:19 KJV)

Christ didn't ooze through the locked door or walls like a spirit, He "stood in the midst", that is, appeared in our MEROS, physically.

The transfiguration wasn't a dream, it was a coming of the TELEIOS with power, intersecting our MEROS:

And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
    2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
    3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
    4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. (Mar 9:1-4 KJV)

Clearly the idea angels are spirits (sometimes) in our realm, does not prevent they are physical in their realm and can be so in ours (Gen c. 18-19)...to say otherwise is to deny the teaching of scripture.

Therefore, that fallen angels might pretend to be ufo aliens, and proclaim God doesn't exist, is not a bizarre concept...in fact, given the data, it would be bizarre he not do it, given how well that would work for his Antichrist and his new religion...make all previous religions, obsolete as it were, in the minds of the unsaved.

But the elect won't be deceived.

KJV Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    (Mat 24:24 KJV)

15. Alfred Persson.

Someone will say "this is Bizarre."

But should I accept the usual view in the commentaries, that the last week of the 70 weeks, occurs centuries later, is that less bizarre?

I can't agree with the commentaries on the seventy weeks, the plain reading is these are 70 contiguous weeks segments of which are characterized by unique events.

24 Seventy weeks are determined (נֶחְתַּךְ 2852) upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Dan 9:24 KJV)

The 70 weeks are contiguous as these were "cut out" as a specific length of time, that is how they were "determined." They weren't "cut out" separately or in separate pieces.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: (Dan 9:26 KJV)

AFTER the 62 weeks, which is after the 7 = 70 weeks.

"And After", conjunctive preposition, its a segment AFTER those just listed.

The Messiah is cut off in the Seventieth week ("after" 7+62) and His Death ushered in the New Covenant which fulfilled all the goals listed in v. 24, "To finish the transgression (Rom 4:15), To make an end of sins (Rom 6:22; Heb 9:26)), To make reconciliation for iniquity (2 Cor 5:18), To bring in everlasting righteousness (Rom 3:21f), To seal up vision and prophecy (Luk 16:16; Mat. 5:17; Acts 10:43), And to anoint the Most Holy (Luk 4:18 cp Joh. 2:18ff)."

Therefore its fitting Christ have the entire 70th week all to Himself.

Verse division is not inspired, verse 26 should have ended with the advent of the New Covenant in Christ's blood.

So Dan 9:26a has the Messiah fulfilling all the goals of Dan 9:24 with His death. 26b refers to the Titus destroying the Temple in AD 70, and 26c the continuing desolation that culminated in the Jews being driven out of Palestine by Hadrian about AD 132.

While Dan 9:27 can be rendered with the personal pronoun "he" making it refer to the "prince who is to come," it is NOT required:

LXT Daniel 9:27 καὶ δυναστεύσει ἡ διαθήκη εἰς πολλούς (Dan 9:27 LXT)
    LXE Daniel 9:27 And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation. (Dan 9:27 LXE)

BBE Daniel 9:27 And a strong order will be sent out against the great number for one week; and so for half of the week the offering and the meal offering will come to an end; and in its place will be an unclean thing causing fear; till the destruction which has been fixed is let loose on him who has made waste. (Dan 9:27 BBE)

Grammatically the pronoun could be left out.

The "prophetic telescoping" is NOT with the Temple in Jerusalem and a rebuilt Temple in the end time, because Gabriel separates 70 AD and the end time, inserting the "times of the Gentiles":

"And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. (Luk 21:24 NKJ)

So we must look for a time period that contains the identifying 3 1/2 years, and that occurs after the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled:

NKJ Daniel 12:7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

NKJ Revelation 12:6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days (Rev 12:6 NKJ)

Critically speaking, this view is parsimonous, conforming to the details of the text, while the commentaries, by separating the weeks, make it impossible the destruction of the temple, and Christ's advent, be in the same week.

Therefore I might characterize the "accepted views" on this, BIZARRE.

Gabriel keeps talking however, he continues prophesying about what happens after the 70 weeks, that the Temple will be destroyed, and later, the Jews led captive into all the nations.

Therefore the week in the book of Revelation, is NOT part of the 70 weeks, and it can be separated from them by thousands of years.

But do the commentaries exegete this critically...no, they all put the 70th week in the end time.

AND THAT IS BIZARRE, as Daniel's usage of weeks doesn't allow it:

If we study Daniel's use of "weeks" (7620 שָׁבוּעַ, lit., "sevens"), he clearly means contiguous weeks.

"Seven weeks" and "threescore and two weeks" are misleading if they don't refer to two units of time, one totaling 7 adjoining weeks, the other also 62 contiguous weeks.

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks(7620), and threescore and two weeks(7620): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. (KJV)

Here we see one week divided into segments where different events occur, but not implying these are separate in a group of more than one literal week:

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week(7620): and in the midst of the week(7620) he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (KJV)

Daniels' mourning occurs in three weeks total, not three divided weeks in a longer period of time.

Dan 10:2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks(7620). (KJV)

Dan 10:3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks(7620) were fulfilled. (KJV)

Its impossible we divide these "weeks", they are contiguous as seen by Daniels' usage of "weeks."

It is expected Bible prophecy become clearer as we approach its fulfillment...

I submit to you, my interpretation fits scripture perfectly, and while it is different, its certainly no more BIZARRE than what went before it.

To ignore Satan's work in the world, the "mystery (secret) of lawlessness" inspiring rebellion against God's Word of truth, via spiritism (charismania, new age, ufo), to believe THOSE events are not predicted in God's Word of truth, is "bizarre", in contrast to my sound exposition of these things.

Yes, to people our age, they seem bizarre, but 80% of the public now believes there is something to UFOs...those of us who accept the Bible, are now the "fringe."

It should be recalled how inconsistent you are labeling this bizzare, when you fully accept angels as a race of beings who are not "terrestrial."

16. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I just want to make sure I understand you.

You believe that UFO's are actual spacecraft that are being driven around in space and earth's atmosphere by demons. Is that correct?"

What are you really looking for here? I don't specifically believe that UFO's are "actual spacecraft" being "driven around by demons". None of us know who or what they are. I am of the opinion, so therefore "I think" this could be a plausible explanation. It doesn't make me right or wrong. I don't really think they are "angels" in "actual spacecraft" being "driven around" either. All I do know is the unidentified appear to be real.

So, what do you think they are?

I don't think this phenomenon takes one iota of anything away from the Bible. I don't think our Lord is going to come back to this earth to set up his kingdom piloting or riding in a UFO. I don't think our Lord is going to make his presence known to the world via satellites and TV or through cell phone messages or e-mail and I don't think our Lord is a "spaceman".

What I do know is that when one considers the vastness of our Lord's creation - the infinity of our universe - that He hung and named each and every star and planet within his creation - that He created the wonders found within the human eye - that He can speak and move a mountain into the ocean - that He permits us to enjoy and appreciate and love our little children - all the while we are unable to add one inch to our height or change our hair color, leaves me to realize just how feeble we humans are and how Great Out Lord Is.

I do believe that our Lord has everything in His Creation under control, bar nothing.

...so, what are you expecting me to say?

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man-made objects (planes, weather balloons, satellites) or natural phenomenon (lightning balls, swamp gas, the planet Venus, etc.).

18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then so be it.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Simple...Heaven's a real, physical place. It takes more faith to believe in aliens, alternate realities, etc. than to believe this. Earth is our home. Earth is where we were intended to live. Earth and Heaven will be the same place on the New Earth. One reality.

20. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Don't feed the trolls.

They just get bigger and hungrier.