1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A god of no emotions?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, May 4, 2014.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

In time God does grieve for us following the will of man instead if His will for our free agencies but outside of time knowing it will happen. Repent turn from your own will and turn to His will for us. God does grieve for us. He does have a personal relationship with us if He didn't there will be no reason for Him to grieve..God lives in time and outside of it at the same time. God through His Holy Spirit lives in time with us isn't that amazing!

#21 psalms109:31, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When you say "us", are you including both the lost and the saved, or are you just saying the saved? When God grieves over Jerusalem He is grieving over the lost who would not come to Him when He offered to gather them into His bosom.....because...."ye would not!" (Not... "could not")

#22 steaver, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  3. psalms109:31

Exodus 19:
    5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you[Or possession, for the whole earth is mine.] will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.

Deuteronomy 7:
    6 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

7 The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. 8 But it was because the Lord loved you and kept the oath he swore to your ancestors that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. 9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. 10 But

those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
    he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
    11 Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give you today.

Isaiah 65
    New International Version (NIV)
    Judgment and Salvation

65 “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
    I was found by those who did not seek me.
    To a nation that did not call on my name,
    I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’
    2 All day long I have held out my hands
    to an obstinate people,

who walk in ways not good,
    pursuing their own imaginations—
    3 a people who continually provoke me
    to my very face,
    offering sacrifices in gardens
    and burning incense on altars of brick;
    4 who sit among the graves
    and spend their nights keeping secret vigil;
    who eat the flesh of pigs,
    and whose pots hold broth of impure meat;
    5 who say, ‘Keep away; don’t come near me,
    for I am too sacred for you!’
    Such people are smoke in my nostrils,
    a fire that keeps burning all day.

Hebrews 3:
    Warning Against Unbelief

7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    8 do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the wilderness,
    9 where your ancestors tested and tried me,
    though for forty years they saw what I did.
    10 That is why I was angry with that generation;
    I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.’
    11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”[Num. 12:7]
    12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. 15 As has just been said:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion.”[Psalm 95:7-11]

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Jude 1:
    5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[Some early manuscripts Jesus] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

In time God does grieve over Jerusalem.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good stuff! :thumbsup: It's quite obvious God has given His creation the ability to choose His ways and live!

5. psalms109:31

We are on a path that leads to destruction without His word to direct our path or light our path.

Psalm 119:105
    [ נ Nun ] Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

If we do not hear and listen and learn we will continue down the path that we are on. You cannot shove His word down their throat.

John 6:53
    Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

I believe we are drawn by His loving kindness if we do not listen and learn take the bait we can do nothing.

Luke 10:21
    At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

All the things we learned before we listened and learned from the Father teaching us about Christ is nothing.

John 5:39
    You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

John 6:45
    It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 10:30
    I and the Father are one.”

Matthew 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

It isn't easy believism to deny thyself take up the cross and follow (means to walk in His footstep) Him to be a disciple.

#25 psalms109:31, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014