1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Great Spurgeon Bargain!

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by TCGreek, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

CBD has got a great bargain on Ol' Spurgeon at a great price, $27.99 for members and $29.99 for non-members.

Check it out:http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...11132&netp_id=102798&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

Product Description

"The sermons of Charles Haddon Spurgeon were the pinnacle of preaching in mid-nineteenth-century England. They are still powerful and widely influential today. This five-volume hardcover set is a compilation of Spurgeon's best sermons. Featuring over 250 of Spurgeon's finest sermons, this comprehensive collection covers topics from Israel in Egypt and confession of sin to justification by grace and Paul's first prayer. This set also includes indexes of texts and subjects, so you can easily find what Spurgeon had to say on a particular verse or topic."

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Awesome...all i have to do is get my wife's permission now!

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I thought you got that straigntened out already. :laugh:

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Of course i do...i wear the pants in my family! She just tells me which ones i need to wear! :laugh:

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Brother, you are cracking me up. :laugh:

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

OH YOU MEN!

The membership price at CBD is only $5 annually. It is well worth the fee. They will send you via email and/or print any number of catalogues.

The only problem is that when you get a catalogue and see something you want, you better get on it because they sometimes only have a few of it and don't always get more in.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I think they are a great bargaining place and how good policies. For example, I purchased a theology text for a class I was doing, but then I found some defections from the publishing, and so I notified them. Guess what! Well, the overnight the replace text and even sent the returned postage of the defected text.

2. Then on Fridays they usually have Fab Friday with even more incredible deals.

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a new one on me; gonna have to check it out!

I'd love to have a nickle for every book I bought from these folks.

I started back in (I think) late 70's and still get $75-150 a couple/three times a year.

Great from the service end too!

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

And if you have the room on your hard drive you can get it even cheaper from ages software.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

There is something marvelous though, about holding a book in your hands . . .

It's just not the same on the computer screen. I got the bright idea to do my Bible study on Biblegate. Well that lasted for a couple of weeks. It's a nice tool to be sure. ;)

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto, MC! While I appreciate the flexability & speed of the computer, it just ain't the same as having a book to read while rared back in my recliner!

In fact, if there is more than a few paragraphs to read re:someone's post, I'll either ignore it OR print it if it seems interesting enough; I hate to try to read much at a clip on the "tube"!

'Course this could just be my old eyes rebelling.:BangHead:

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would like to have the hard cover edition, but how much will the postage to South Africa cost?

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

GH, once you register on their site, they give you an estimate of postage on the ongoing order form.

14. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

These tired old eyes like to adjust the print size on the screen and read easy.