1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A "judgement house" question

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Speedpass, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would a church present this kind of program in April, when they are more noteworthy around Halloween? One of our Baptist congregations here in Starkville is doing one the first part of this week.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    judgmenthouse.org FAQs

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I attended a church once that did a "Judgement Day" type production. They did it on Fridays and Saturdays for several months. I don't think it was around Halloween either.

Another church they had "copied" it from--I guess I should say adapted from--did it for several years all through the year.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of it being done in April--only around Halloween. I've never been to one, although a local church does one yearly and lots of people enjoy going. While I wouldn't call it "wrong" to evangelize that way, I'd rather win people with love, prayer, godly testimony, and reading scripture rather than scaring them into heaven.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

They seem more like manipulation houses to me. I've seen lots of decisions by these type of efforts generated but very little long term results.