1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A KJVOist exposes Ruckman!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by David J, Feb 14, 2005.

1. David J

David J New Member

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Hymers has his own brand of KJVO, just as false as any other. As for Dr. Herb Evans, he and his toady, "John Henry", refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion; they are standard KJVO party-liners who bring nothing new to the table.

I have yet to see any modern church that claims to be "KJV 1611 Only" actually USE the AV 1611! That also applies to many a member of many a message board! To me, that shows those people are quite unlearned in the subject about which they're writing, or in some cases, outright LIARS.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

4. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Calling people either one thing or "outright LIARS" sounds just like the bellicose language KJVO advocates use. Maybe Paul or Jesus would have done this, I'm not sure.....some of the harshest words were against those who were apparently on God's side but in reallty were not. But let our words be seasoned with salt. I of all men am guilty of violating this command all too often, and I regret doing so even on this board when the conversations get heated.

Yours,

Bluefalcon

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Bluefalcon; I agree. When one uses the very SAME terms he denounces in another person, I am led to believe that the critic has less credibility than the one he is criticizing.

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF & Jim:

With all due respect, how else would you describe those who DELIBERATELY write or tell things that simply aren't true? There's a BIG DIFFERENCE in being accidentally mistaken, which every one of us is at one time or another, and being DELIBERATELY wrong.

That's why I question the motives of those who say they're using the AV 1611 when their Scriptural quotes are clearly from another edition. Sometimes it's a mistake on their part because they think all KJV editions are the same, but there are those who KNOW BETTER(Not necessarily on this board) but continue to insist they're using the AV.

7. David J

David J New Member

What's really alarming is if Dr. Ruckman used a modern version KJVOist would have tons of info on web pages and books exposing Ruckman's heresies. As it stands right not we must look very hard in order to find a KJVO that will call Ruckman what he is without making excuses for Ruckman.

My hats off to the KJVO people who truly stand up against Ruckman and don't make excuses because he is KJVO!

8. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Since most people in the KJVO camp really don't use the original 1611 KJV, doesn't it stand to reason that they are using modern versions?
    It's either one or the other...