1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A letter from the Refiners Fire

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Larry, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Hello all

I don't remember the last time I was on this board but today I found an email that I had sent to a friend a long time ago and I thought that this would be a good venue to share, I felt that I had to share. (it would be too painful to Face Book it now and it was too personal to share back then... I guess it still is. Michelle is gone and I am remarried to a wonderful lady who loves the girls and I very much.

This was during a long battle with cancer.

On 9/30/2011 10:01 PM, Larry..... wrote:
    Hi Wanda!

Thank you for your kind words. The Lord has been so gracious to me. There are moments, when in the fire, that the Lord opens my eyes and I come to a new understanding of the Love of God.... it starts as a ripple and turns into a wave that floods my soul. A tape recorder wouldn't pick it up, but my soul cries out with a voice that would shake the hills: GLORY TO GOD!!! I help Michelle out of bed and hold her as she walks, she is so weak she would fall if I let go. "I got you baby. I won't let you fall". She cries and tells me that she can't do anything for me, she says she didn't know I loved her like this, she says she should have been a better wife, she says she is sorry: "Baby, I wish I knew then what I know now too, I love you and you are forgiven.... from now on, I count it as if you always were what you wish you had been" Do you see it? GLORY TO GOD!! That didn't come from the goodness of my heart, that's how Christ Loved ME!

I'm so tired Wanda, I need a deep sleep, but I'm afraid she will need me and I won't be able to wake up. Please pray for us and ask praying people to pray also.

God bless, Larry