1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A little about MY belief....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by iakopa, May 8, 2006.

1. iakopa

iakopa New Member

I don't believe that the bible is rocket science. With this said, this is what I believe.......

Jesus died for the sins of God's elect. No more, no less. He prayed for His people (no more, no less). The "age of accountability" is NOT in MY Bible. If Jesus died for all, yet all don't accept, then Jesus failed. If Jesus PRAYED for all and all did not listen, then Jesus failed. If people never hear the word, this does not mean they are bound for hell. I will never change my beliefs, no matter what! I am a whole-hearted believer in predestination and will never change my mind, but I thought I would share my mind. In Christ, Amen!!!

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, then...

3. standingfirminChrist

Wow!

My Bible tells me that my Jesus died for my sins, and not for mine only, but for the sins of the WHOLE world.

Last I checked, the word 'whole' meant entire. ... Yep, still does.

Jesus cannot be said to have failed because many choose to reject His free gift of eternal life with Him.

How do you know you are one of the elect? You may not be. No assurance whatsoever other than your own belief. Yet, Jesus said many who claim to be of Him, claimed to do many wonderful works in His name, claimed to cast out devils, will find in the end they never knew Him and He never knew them, and be cast into a devil's hell.

4. iakopa

iakopa New Member

So if Jesus died for the WHOLE WORLD and the whole world did not believe....that meant He did NOT meet His accomplishment and failed. Like I have said, it is not rocket science, it is there for everyone to see

5. standingfirminChrist

Jesus Christ accomplished the work He came to the earth for. He cried from the cross, 'It is finished.'

Christ paid a debt He did not owe. Whether one accepted that or not, it was still paid.

I could buy you a car and tell you I bought you this car, but if you did not accept the keys, would the car be yours?

Same principe with Christ shedding His blood. If one refuses a blood transfusion, one cannot be assured of life, even though the blood transfusion was offered.

6. iakopa

iakopa New Member

I am sad, so sad to think that people believe in free will. With free will, my father is in hell, as many others who shouldn't be are! If free will of salvation exists then I and You and every one else are more powerful than our God to chose our salvation. I trust MY God and I trust that He has the competence to choose my eternal life, NOT ME (I pray)!!!

7. iakopa

iakopa New Member

I never realized that our God was that weak!!!!

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

So Jn 14.6 and Acts 4.12 aren't true? People are able to be saved outside of Christ?

All people are condemned to hell because that is what we all deserve. It is only because of God's mercy and grace that he provided a way out through Christ. He is not obligated to save anyone. If justice were done, we'd all go to hell.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

And so once again my reasons are reinforced for "Why I bow out of these kinds of discussions..."

Iakopa, your tone is a bit harsh.

10. iakopa

iakopa New Member

Amen Marcia!!! You made my point better than I ever could....

I am not going to be swayed, for Christ told me that I am saved. My dad taught the truth of God's elect and I shall do the same when I feel the courage to accept His calling!!!! I know that you all are going to heaven but you all are so misled here on earth and that is what brings the tears to my eyes. We are less than God and when Jesus died on the cross "IT" was "FINISHED"

My wife grew up Southern Baptist and she believed WHOLEHEARTEDLY in free will but now we have grown closer together with our church and our wonderful child and we know that God is in power, not man. It is so sad that money has become the ruler of this land and the frightening thought that God predestined us does away with this asset.

11. standingfirminChrist

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Theological arrogance

13. standingfirminChrist

sounds like that man that stood in the street that said 'I thank thee Lord that I am not like that sinner over there...'

Pride goeth before a fall and haughty spirit before destruction.

Let he who thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he fall.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be sure that you don't condemn yourselves by doing what you accuse iakopa of doing .

15. standingfirminChrist

No condemnation to those in Christ Jesus.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what I mean .

17. standingfirminChrist

Rippon,

The Word of God tells us it was given for reproof, for correction, for doctrine, for instruction in righteousness. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto every good work.

When one is in err, is it better to correct that one and instruct him in the right way to go? or should that one be ignored?

18. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    iakopa is a Primitive Baptist, and his soteriology posits that God saves His elect in His own time, in His own way, and that regeneration is not necessarily tied to the preaching of the gospel.

(Forgive me, iakopa, if I have misspoken.)

It is a soteriology consistent with God's sovereignty and not dependent upon any actions of men. I do not, however, know how one can hold this belief and be convinced of the eternal fate of another person. (Fact is, I don't know of many brands of soteriology that can claim that knowledge — unless your'e an univeralist.)

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't want to see a pile-on .

20. doulous

doulous New Member

You people know me in here (I think). There is no more ardent Calvinist then I. Yet, when I read posts like iakopa's I cringe. I do not apologize for the doctrines of sovereign grace. I champion them. But how things are said has a tremendous impact on the hearer and it show the humility (or lack thereof) of the person doing the talking.