1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A little "end time" confusion (Who is leaving?)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by menageriekeeper, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no such thing as this diagram indicates
    1. Unsaved (Christ outside), 2. Saved "Carnal" Self-Directed, 3. Spirit-Directed Believer

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::applause::thumbsup:

3. beameup

beameup Member

The ego can be a massive obstacle to overcome.
    And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual,
    but as unto carnal, even as unto babies in Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
    I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
    I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
    I will be like the most High.
    - Isa 14:13-14

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jesus has one bride, the church. Why would you think He was a polygamist?

God has divorced Israel. Now Israel must become part of the bride of Christ to inherit the Kingdom. This will be accomplished during the 7 year tribulation.

5. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Let's see what God's Word has to say about the location & population of the kingdom of God.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. (Mark 1:15)

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (John 18:36)

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Rom 14:17)

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (1Cor 15:24-26)

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: (Col 1:13)

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Rom 2:28-29)

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    (Eph 2:11-16)

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well self is at the root of most sin......there is no such thing as a christian with sin reigning on the throne...that is false idea....
    Pauls rebuke is mocking them ..not telling them that this is in any way acceptable ,or an option......in this one thing they were acting as the unsaved...not that there is a such condition as a carnal christian.

When God saves someone......all obstacles have already been overcome. Anyone who does not have Christ ruling in his life is not yet God's child.

#66 Iconoclast, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  7. beameup

beameup Member

It is not "sin" reigning on the throne, it is SELF/EGO/"the flesh" reigning on the throne.

Actually, when a person is saved, Christ is placed "on the throne".
    The individual recognizes the Holiness of God and humbles himself before God.

However, we still live in a body. We still have "the flesh" to contend with. The Flesh is connected to the EGO-SELF.
    This is where most Christians "fall back" into their former state of mind before they were saved. They either "fall back"
    into SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS or a so-called "sinful lifestyle", both of which are contrary to a SPIRIT-DIRECTED life.

Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, deals with this in Romans 8 and other places.
    12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
    13. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    ["live" as in a spiritual quality life]
    14. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

It's all about your "rewards":
    Either "wood, hay, and stubble" and be "found naked" when you stand before Jesus
    or "gold, silver, precious stones" and clothed when you stand before Jesus.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What else would you expect from Michigan fan? ;)

9. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

At least was not one of those goofy Buckeyes, Eh? GO BLUE!

"a Michigan man!"

10. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually God had two wives, the House of Israel and the House of Judah. He divorced the House of Israel. See Jer. 3:8.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That explains a lot :D

12. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming that you are taking an amillennial view with your response, doesn't verses from chapter 20 precede 21 and 22?

How does a person not have a millennial reign referred to in chapter 20 with specific verse stating, "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

Doesn't the amillennial view hold there is no millennium? "A" is latin which denotes the absence of, not existing, ...

13. JesusFan

Guess that they ruled and reigned with him from AD 70 to 1070, and then was the great white throne judgement, and a new heaven and a new earth, when Christ gave it ALl up to the father , and God was in all!

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What I am stating is this: Show me 1,007 yrs between the judgement of Christ concerning these verses.

15. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1070, about the time of King Arther, Robbin Hood, ... :)

Such a splendid time.

No plagues, no wars, no islands, grave markers and diggers roamed the whole earth, Christ ruled from Jerusalem surrounded by the saints...

A wonderful time in the midst of the dark ages.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Please Amy. G! I was responding to a post [#52] by beameup. I never said that God was a polygamist! As for Jews, Muslims, pagans, or just plain old sinners all are saved one at a time. Salvation is an individual transaction between God and man/woman.

Now just where do you get the idea that Israel will be saved during the so-called 7 year tribulation?

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They can't! Not there! Nowhere!

18. JesusFan

all the fulness of the gentiles will have come in, and the lord will have the time of Jacobs folly/trouble, time of intense tribulation upon the surviving Jews at end days...

the Lord will be preparing the remant that comes through it to be ready to receive jesus at His returning as the messiah, and a fountain for isreal cleansing and salvation will be at that time, as Ezeckiel vision of a fully restored isreal will be proved true, and they will call upon him and ALL isreal alive at that time will be saved, a nation reborn in 1 day!

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 11...

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ rules in the MIDST of His enemies......from the heavenly Jerusalem.