1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Man's Place

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Refreshed, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not what scripture says. In Gen 3, there's no indication that Adam had a clue. His wife gave him some fruit, and he ate it. It doesn't say he let Eve run the show, it just says she was deceived, and gave Adam the fruit, and so Adam ate it. It didn't even occur to Adam that there was something wrong with the fruit.

When confronted by God, Adam could have said somethign to acknowlege that he ate fruit which was forbidden. Rather, Adam chose to blame Eve for it, and then blame God for it. Adam's sin wasn't eating the fruit, it was not taking responsibility for eating the fruit. It wasn't about Adam failing to tell Even not to eat the fruit, because there's no indicator he knew there was somethign wrong with it.

2. Shortandy

Shortandy New Member

Open your bible John to Genesis 3 and pay attention. For your theory to be true the 1st thing that would have to be seen is that Adam was no where around when Eve ate the fuit. But is this what the Bible teaches? The answer is no. See Genesis 3:6. Where was Adam John? "She took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate." There isn't even the slightest clue that Adam was anywhere else except underneath his wife. He was right there listening to the serpent and Eve.

Secondly, read Genesis 3:17. What did Adam do John? "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying......" He ate that which was forbidden. Your "theory" is extra-biblical at best.

Now I agree that Adam tried to shift the blame but the reason he was removed from the garden and the reason death entered into this world was because he ate the fruit.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not so. One can imply that Adam was present when Eve ate the fruit. There's nothing in Gen 3 that suggests one way or another as to where Adam was when Eve was conversing with the serpent.

Now, I'll agree that Adam would have known that Adam should have known that the fruit was forbidden, but there's nothing to indicate that Adam ate the fruit knowing it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't. We don't know.

What we DO know, however, is that Adam's response was to shift the blame on everyone but himself. This, not the eating of the fruit, was the sin of Adam.

4. Shortandy

Shortandy New Member

John just because you repeat something doesn't make it so. You have yet to offer commentary on the passages that I gave you. What about Genesis 3:6? How does this not at least imply that Adam was right there with Eve? Nothing is the passage indicates that Adam was in anyother place except for with Eve.

And John Adam can blame shift all day long but the Bible... actual verse on the matter (Genesis 3:17) tells us the sin was eating the fruit.

5. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

HUH? By the time Adam tried to shift the blame, his sin had already been committed. His sin was disobeying God. There were probably numerous ways Adam could disobey God, eating the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was the act that completed his sin of disobeying God.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Adam was blamed by God for disobeying him:
    I think Gen. 3:17 also indicates Adam knew he was eating from the forbidden tree.

Therefore, we can conclude that Adam deliberately disobeyed God, and knew it.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oooh ooooh oooohhhh pick me on how that practically works out!

It goes like this.

I make dinner. I know he doesn't like broccoli, but I made it anyhow because we just can't have one more stinkin' green bean without puking. Instead of complaining, he eats the broccoli with only an occasional gag, and thanks me for the nice dinner. He has submitted to eating broccoli. hehehe

How's that? LOL

He just asked me if I wanted him to leave while I made this post. ROFL He also said "Heaven help this world if every man in this world did what he aught to."

Then he quietly said "we're being wussified and letting them take over." :laugh:

Actually, I can use a better example. We were going to a church that I simply wasn't comfortable in. I tried not to complain, but he knew it wasn't a very good thing. I suppose I could have thrown a fit, but instead I tried to find the good in it (tried being the operative word here) and at one point, even tried to encourage him not to make any rash decisions and leave the church....but he ended up making that decision.

Did he submit to me? In a way. I think he knew that things would not continue to work out there, but in reality? He submitted to God. It's not God's will that we should live in dis-harmony.

And that's the order. He submits to God. I submit to him. We both submit to each other as we listen and try to obey God.

The kids are a whole nother story. Quick, someone start a thread!

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think he was just being smart and taking the vast wisdom of his wife to heart. :) My hubby will do the same thing with me often. It's not that he's "submitting" to me but that he's listening to my wisdom and changing his mind.

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I told him we both believe you are very wise. :flower: :D

(he made me say it like that and I submitted)

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL

Of course my wisdom isn't always too smart, but that's OK. Hubby will override me when needed. ;)