1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Model for God's Knowledge

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by David Ekstrom, Jun 30, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

I saw monergism when I looked up synergism. I thought that would probably be me. :cool: I'll check the sites out later. :cool: I know apuritanmind. I'm often in there having a read. A very useful resource.

john.

2. rc

rc New Member

Anything subject to time is limited by the speed of light (Einstein)

Just to poke fun at Norm. His knowledge in science is lacking and in God.

Anything in time is subject to it AS LONG AS IT IS MATERIAL!

Norm misunderstood Einstein and He unfortunately doesn't know that God is Spirit. Spirit does not have matter and is not subject to the law. ALSO he misunderstands dimensional physics. In a fourteen dimensional time space, time itself and light is material, and God himself can enjoy at least this let alone being in more OR outside of dimension entirely! ... sorry Norm.

3. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the book yourself. Please don't draw conclusions about the statements of a scholar, Dr. Geisler, based on a partial re-phrasing from a secondhand source on a message board somewhere. There is much more to it than what was presented here. Geisler's systematic theology is about 2500 pages, where more than 500 pages deal with the nature of God and how he interacts with His creation, as presented in scripture. He even extensively quotes your favorite theologian and the puritans. What you are claiming he said is not what he said.

For a lighter read, see "The Battle for God" as previously mentioned.

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Humblesmith.
    That is not how it was presented. :cool: ZEC 4:10 "Who despises the day of small things?...
    If what was presented here is true then nothing further is required for a conclusion: COL 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form... Therefor ole Norm would have our God subject to time. :cool: rc?

I think that the Nature of God, if I can put it that way, has very little to do with anything really just that I think Christians should be able to keep sci-fi out of Christianity. To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. Isaish 8:20. I have nothing against sci-fi, it is where my education came from, which might explain a lot 'a'? :cool: Rock on Stargate!

Acceptance of the idea that God is in someway outside of time, or that time was created, really leaves the door open for Arminians to get strenght to believe God to journey about in it and along the journey He can still see Jesus still bleeding. Yet the once for all really means forever?

Nothing is mentioned about time, (unless you have the hundreds to show me,) There are hundreds of quotes in the scriptures about time. in the scriptures so we should view it in the light that is natural not imagination for there is no light in our speculation and it take away from what we know. Time passes. Jesus is not still on the cross in some time frame and my God is corporeal. (I expect some kicks for saying this. :cool: COL 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form...)

john.

5. rc

rc New Member

Jesus WAS in bodily form. As I further stated God is not subject to NORM'S misunderstandings of physics. I implied through multi dimensions or outside all dimension He IS NOT subject to the laws as we are. So Jesus being man and God is outside any rules of time.

What made you think that I didn't read Norm Geisler?

I have read him and because of that I know that he misquotes Calvin horribly (and the puritans) but you knew this because you read Calvin's institutes right? James White also shows the many times where he misunderstands Calvins thoughts.

And any scholar who rights a book on free-will and uses three specific verses on the average of every three pages to explain this huge topic, is not being to honest to the scriptures.

This is however, Norm's problem. In order to run around predestination he must collaborate with philosophy and science to bend the plain Biblical truth of predestination and election.