1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Mutated Version ?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Feb 27, 2008.

1. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Ah, therein lies the rub.

You sure do put a lot of faith in man's opinion and throw the word "scholar" around like it is the end of the discussion.

NOBODY claimed that the KJV is the "best Bible translation." You are the only person saying that.

At this point, I have determined that you don't want to let me have my own opinion. You want to fight about it, but I am done. I've shared my views and you have shared yours.

There is no bottom line. Go do your thing and I'll go with mine.

Peace be to you.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI, I was responding to B4L. He had made a comment and I had responded to it. He had said on a thread recently closed, that he could gather 50 New Testament Biblle scholars who would not vouch for the NIV as a Bible version to study. Therefore, I had simply asked for him to produce a list of 50 New Testament Bible scholars who would endorse the KJV as an excellent Bible translation to study.

You can still comment on my thread numbered 38, and try to answer my questions if you'd like.

3. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

I know that I can, but I also know that you want only to fight about Bible versions and my opinions count for nothing. That being the case, I respectfully bow out of this thread.