1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Mystery To Me...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 14, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

known

John 6:64
    Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

We all are in vessels created for destruction accept Jesus who vessel that was made for honor. It is pretty arrogant for any man to say thier vessel was created for honor. Only in Jesus Christ we are given a Spiritual body that is created for honor.

Through Him we become a new creation the old will be gone and the new will come in.

We all are good for nothing but the fire, only Jesus can save us from it. Who can save me from this body of death praise be to Jesus.

Trust in Jesus and God promisses you, you will not be disappointed.

#81 psalms109:31, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2007
  2. psalms109:31

Picking up the cross

Picking up the cross and following Jesus has nothing to do with working for our salvation, but everything to do with trust.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ps. , please familiarize yourself with the Bible . Romans 9:22,23 indicate that the human race is divided among the objects of His wrath -- prepared for destruction and the objects of His mercy whom He prepared in advance for glory .

An elect individual is a Christian . Christians know they are born of God , they have the assurance of salvation . Christians have examined themselves and made their calling and election sure . They know and take comfort in the golden chain of salvation outlined in Romans 8:29,30 . So contrary to being arrogant , it is in conformity to Scripture and quite appropriate for a Christian to say :" I was prepared in advance for glory due to His mercy . For surely my sins would have condemned me if not for the intervention of the Lamb of God ."

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is "elect" ever mentioned in the Bible as being an individual?

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Paul is referred to as an elect vessel in Acts 6:15, where "elect/chosen" is the Greek word ekloge. I hope that answers your question.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. psalms109:31

elected in Christ

Being elected in Christ a believers is an elect of God.

Jesus tells us that a believer shall (not might or maybe) but shall not be condemned but have eternal life.

Just trust in Jesus not your own understanding and He will direct your path.

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Now your preaching our "calvinism" ! Hallelujah. Indeed, a believer SHALL not be condemned. Also, all whom the Father has given the Son (election) SHALL come..not might or maybe, (effectual calling), and he who comes (repentance and faith) Jesus SHALL (not might or maybe) in no wise cast out (redemption and perserverance of the saints).

Soli Deo Gloria

9. psalms109:31

Whosoever

Now if we get to the point that whosoever of the world can come through the preaching of the words of Jesus then we have unity.

Anybody can come and that is the good news of the gospel.

That God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Do not let John 6:35-37, 44, 45, 65 be lost upon you. As outlined by Reformedbaptist, only the elect will truly come to Christ for salvation.

11. psalms109:31

concidered them

We cannot be come unless we are drawn by the Father.

That is where the preaching of the words of Jesus comes in.

His words are the Fathers and that is how He draws us.

Jesus words are Spirit and life and through His words whosoever can come.

God does want all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, and it is through this.

The Jews are the chosen of God. They were not cut for not being chosen, but for unbelief, as the scripture say's

12. ReformedBaptist

This conclusion, as you state it, cannot be drawn. Jesus already declared infallibily the inability of man of to come to Him. Then what does our Lord mean by whosever? Not Jews only, but also the Gentiles. He means every kind of man, rich, poor, slave, free, barbarian, refined, upper-class, lower-class, male, female, Jew or Gentile. God wants all His elect to be saved and not perish. When you say, "That God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth" you have misused the Scripture. Let the Scripture define its own scope and extent.

13. ReformedBaptist

You must make a disctinction here between Old Covenant and New. Even among national Israel there was a remant.

14. psalms109:31

Putting limitations

Whosever is whosoever, you cannot change the words of Jesus to your own understanding.

Eve didn't believe God either. He said you shall surely die and we have been dying ever since. Only Jesus can save us from this body of death.

Just believe God that whosoever is whosoever and all is all.

15. psalms109:31

read the scripture

Read the new testiment scripture that was posted. If they were cut out for unbelief, then those who believed was never cut out.

#95 psalms109:31, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  16. psalms109:31

meek and humble

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.

17. skypair

skypair Active Member

Too bad you weren't here when we went over this "A MILLION TIMES!!"

Jesus always speaks infallibily -- the problem is that you don't interpret infallibly.

"Cannot come" is NOT a limitation on man's ability. The verse clearly has a "qualifier" -- "UNLESS..." And if God in Christ "draws" ALL men (re: "... and if I be lifted up, I will draw ALL men..."), then "whosoever will" -- of his own will -- may come.

And scripture doesn't stipulate "God wants all but only His "elect" to be saved. That, too, is fallible interpretation.

I realize this doesn't fit into your Calvinist paradigm but that is what scripture says.

skypair

18. skypair

skypair Active Member

Hey rip! See you're still "rippin'" --- scripture that is! :laugh:

What you say is true -- and then misapplied (not even bothering to cite the verse that would have rebutted your own argument, Rom 9:24!). The passage is speaking of OT Israel as "vessels of wrath" under the new dispensation and the church as "vessels of mercy," which He did predestinate/elect for the PURPOSES/ministry/election of his kingdom.

Or OT saint.

Go to the state prison and ask any prisoner if he/she is a "good person." That's what self-proclaimed assurance is worth??!! How about getting a REAL testimony. How about "I repented of my life and received Christ as Lord and Savior in April, 1962." How about "I have examined my life and have found no good thing in it except a Spirit-led but sometimes halting growth in "the knowledge and faith of Christ" Eph 4:13

Which says that God FOREKNEW those who would receive Christ and He predestined their lives to growth and ministry which is called their "election."

I would merely repeat that if a prisoner had "assured" himself that he was a "good man" but wasn't, what should we do with his testimony?

skypair

19. ReformedBaptist

This is easily refuted, but I will not waste my energy here. Your an avowed anti-calvinist which is silly.

Dusts of feet.