1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Nation of Baby Killers?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand your point. However, the United States, as a nation, is not ancient Israel and does not stand in relationship to God in the same way that that ancient civilization did.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That may be so. But the Bible teaches that every man shall give account of himself before God. I will not give account for you, the presdient, the Queen of England or for anyone else; I shall give account for myself when I stand before God. And that is the most important thing that I must consdier.

3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Thank you for posting this!

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

It will answer for it's sins, as will christians who approve and support evil.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Individuals commit the sins of murder and theft and rape. And yet we, as a nation, have laws that are intended to at least CONTROL and PUNISH those who commit the sins. I believe that is the point of the OP.....if we as Christians DO consider abortion a sin, then shouldn't it be a matter of conscience to reflect that belief in our vote?

For example, what if rape was suddenly declared legal after a whole bunch of "back alley" encounters where it was "questionable" as to whether the woman did or did not "say no"? So a bunch of social engineers got together and decided it would be best to make rape legal in instances where it was unclear as to whether or not the intended rape victim was of ill repute, thereby making it socially acceptable in those instances for a man to force himself upon a woman? (This seems comparable in principle to abortion on demand for convenience.) Would the fact that U.S. laws had suddenly made rape "legal" make it any more moral or any less reprehensible and wrong in God's eyes?

And that's not an off-topic example--it speaks directly to the OP's point about abortion. You better believe that scenario would make many, MANY people (Christian AND non-Christian) "one-issue-voters", because we'd be rallying in droves to elect folks to repeal that law legalizing rape. THAT's the point of the OP (as I see it)--if we believe abortion IS a sin (and I do), how can we in good conscience vote for someone who supports that sin?

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am only telling you when the Bible says life begins. If you do not want to believe the Bible that is your option. As for me, I will accept what the Bible says, even when I am not happy about it.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barnabas, I really like that name and its true meaning.

I used to argue that life begins at conception, and in a sense I still believe that. But the Bible says life begins with the first breath. That does not mean I am happy about that, but it is the position of the Bible and thus I have to accept that.

Yes, I believe that abortion is a sin. I have looked at this issue in the Bible, and while I oppose abortion I have come to realize that a case against abortion cannot be built from the Bible. As I said earlier, except for one verse. the Bible is silent on abortion ... and even on that one verse a person has to take a very liberal interpretation to say it even deals with abortion. And, if it does, then the verse, in context, comes down on the side of the mother, not the child.

This is such an emotional issue with many that it is impossible to take a calm approach to examining it.

I believe gluttony is a sin.
    I believe smoking is a sin.
    I believe the misuse of the natural resources God has given us is a sin.
    There are many sins ... some are unpopular sins, and some are popular sins. Gluttony is the most popular, uncriticized sin in America ... in my opinion.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is your twisted and limited interpretation of what the "Bible says" that is the problem.

But it is, and will remain, your problem. Not mine.

At least , on this issue.

#88 carpro, May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not twisting scripture. I am taking it as it is stated. To do otherwise is to take a liberal approach ... if you do this do not call yourself a fundamentalist as you are not. It is very liberal to force the Bible to agree with your opinions.

Let the Bible preach to you. Do not preach to the Bible.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you say. :rolleyes:

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where I have twisted scripture. Thanks in advance.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread tells me [personal attack snipped]

#92 carpro, May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take that as an admission that you can find no scripture twisting in my posts. Glad to know that. Thanks for confirming that for me.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney.

However, since you are part of the nation then I certainly won't stand in your way if you want to answer for it.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How will a nation, apart form God's people, answer for its corporate sin?

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much like Sodom and Gamorah

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Didn't that happen after all of the righteous people were gone?

18. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

LIfe is in the blood. In the blood is DNA. DNA of an individual is formed at conception. Therefore individual life is formed at conception.

The Bible's recognition of life being in the blood confirms all requirements of individual life at conception. If at conception you, me and all that is here would have been lost to abortion none of us would be able to raise our voices to God Almighty for Salvation so free and glorious by the death, burial and resurrection of His Holy Son Jesus the Christ.

God will judge this nation, the world for this. Abortion is not just an American phenomena it is promoted all over the world.

19. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Not to change the subject but I feel compelled to answer.

Before Lot and family were removed judgment had already begun on Sodom. The citizens were struck with blindness. Very much like what is happening in this thread. Abortionist and their enablers are being blinded in their sin of murder. Even while judgment is at their door they seek to engage their sin even in the affliction of their blindness. Continue to seek this sin and die in judgment.

Come out of it, repent of it and live in righteousness. :praying:

Mel

20. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could it be that we are already undergoing the judgment of God? Could it be that what we see going on both in our own country and in the world is the beginnings of the judgment of God? I'm not saying that it definitely is, but it does make me think.

If so, then come quickly Lord Jesus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.