1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A new 95 Theses

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just the name of the site gives me no desire to even open it.

3. ReformedBaptist

Scarey isn't it. :laugh:

4. ReformedBaptist

Amen. This is the same problem I have seen with the dispy scheme.

Holy bowl of bananas batman!

wow. Do dispy's really believe the Old interprets the New rather than the New interpreting the Old?

ooooweee..ouch!

Hoorah! Peach it now..

more later..

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I did look at this link, unlike webdog, and have one comment. On another thread, a poster mentioned someone having an ax to grind.

It would appear I saw a full "mill-run" of tools from the foundry, waiting to be edged.

[Edited to add] But I do admit it was a bit comforting to see that Thesis #7 at the site considers "dispensationalists' general orthodoxy" at least minimally acceptable. :rolleyes:

Ol' Mart couldda' picked up a pointer or two for his 95, had he first seen this one! :rolleyes:

Ed

#5 EdSutton, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  6. ReformedBaptist

huh? Looks like the folks on the website are going to try to hew down dispensational theology if that's what you mean..

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Naw!! Surely you jest! :rolleyes:

Ed

8. ReformedBaptist

I am pretty certain, but methinks they intend to slay it...:laugh:

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I'm with you on that. I can't figure out why dispensationalism makes some people so red in the face and worked up. If one disagrees, fine, but please be reasonable about it!

After all, we are commanded over and over to love our brothers and sisters in Christ! This is a reminder I need all the time, sometimes -- get ready for a shock! -- even on the BB! :laugh:

No!!!

10. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lemme see... I have been a member of the BaptistBoard for some years now. Until recently, it has been a good forum for vigorous debate of various issues -- theological, cultural, etc.

FTR, I am a Baptist. I am also a Reformation Arminian, a Dispensationalist, and though I would hardly consider myself in the John MacArthur camp, many would accuse me of being an advocate of Lordship Salvation. I've found, however, that regardless of what I am, more and more here it only matters what I am ACCUSED of being.

A case in point was the last thread I started, in which I simply asked if there were any others here anymore other than Lordship Salvation haters and Calvinist "shills." Though a few "answered the altar call," most attacked me, my wording of the thread title, and my motives -- including one of the administrator/moderators who prematurely locked my thread, and whose charge against my motives was unwarranted and unChristian.

And now, a thread posts a site supposedly about a "new 95 Theses" that is really just a front for attacking Dispensationalism. Incredible.

I thought this forum was for honest debate -- rather than disingenuous attacks. I see, however, that it has largely degenerated into a firing range for those who wish to take potshots, rather than enjoy a serious Biblical debate on the issues. This is quite sad to me -- apparently the Administrators should admit their bias, as this board no longer serves the WHOLE of the Baptist community online.

JDale

11. ReformedBaptist

JDale,

Everyone has bias. I agree, the website is confrontational. But it is far from pot shots. It appears very well thought out. I can understand it being uncomfortable for those who hold to dispensationalism. But at least you can grant that these men finding dispensationalism to be in error are confronting what they believe is false teaching.

You ought to check out how confrontation these guys are being with Islam http://christianskepticism.blogspot.com/ whoah!

12. ReformedBaptist

I wonder who that Alan Johnson guy is then...