1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a New Creature? How Much of One?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I was thinking about just how much of a new creature we are to become when we truly become a Christian. Does this make all the difference in whether or not we are genuine Christians?

Speaking of becoming "born again"... does this mean that our old nature must completely die every day and then by faith we take hold of Jesus and the divine nature allowing us to become a totally different person?

...and how do we know during the day that we have allowed the old person to come back and have the ascendancy? Some Christians think that they are "saved" and then thats it, from then on they just sail on to the kingdom of heaven... no matter what. But is it true? Dont we decide every moment whether to let the old man of sin die and let Christ live in us instead?

2Cor:5:17: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal:6:15: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Col:2:11: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ

Romans 12:2
    2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2Pt:1:4: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Jn:15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

1Cor:15:31: I die daily.

Gal:2:20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 6:

4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
    6: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    7: For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    8: Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him

#1 Claudia_T, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
  2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Im sorry, this posted multiple times, I contacted the Baptist Board and hopefully they will delete the multiple posts. I dont see a delete feature on here or I'd do it myself. So please just post on this first post I made.

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Claudia T. ,

"New creature", and other these verses, you present them to us, these are speak of REPENTANCE. That means, we must change our life. Drop our old ways, habits, forsake them, and then what? Come and to FOLLOW Christ. Sadly, most of us, back to our old ways and habits, stopped follow Christ. What's happen to them? They are turned around toward their destruction - everlasting fire.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Thats right. Jesus said Take up YOUR Cross and follow Me or else you cannot be My Disciple.

Many Christians want the Crown but not the Cross, they want to go to Heaven for the reward but they dont want to deny themselves and in not wanting to deny themselves they are in reality denying Christ.

You have to take up your cross in self-denial.

You have to die. and Paul said he had to die daily. That means all the temptations you must say no to and allow Jesus to live in you and do His will instead of your own.

Jn:12:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

right. The fact is many Christians want a easy life and comfortable. Also, they don't have to be worry about their salvation long as they are still always saved till they die then go to heaven. This is "Easy Believism". Many baptist churches do their method of soul winning, telling them, 'just believe in Jesus, then you will be fine'. That is a dangerous.

Being taking cross is cost of our life, it is not easy. Entering into the narrow road is NOT easy. Most of them are easily give up in the half way on the road toward heaven of Matthew chapter 7.

Classic cartoon story reminds me of the race - rabbit vs. turtle. I forget their names. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about. Rabbit seeks easy life. Turtle seems wish want to have a easy life. He is very slow. Rabbit could have win the race easily, because of his speed. Turtle have no speed and power. But he is faithful and endure all the way to the end. God doesn't interesting how famous, rich, smart, we are. God interesting in our faithful. That why, most of them are end up because of their flesh, go in their own way, do not want to follow God's way. Sadly, most of them are end up in hell, because they did not endure throughout their lfie to the end according Matt. 10:22; & Matt. 24:13.

Christ commands us to be faithful and endure till the end. Then, we shall have everlasting life. When we moment believed and accepted Christ at salvation, it is not done, it is JUST BEGININNG.........- RACE!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!